What was your bg reading last night and this morning?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I threw my tea in the bin it was horrible i made cabbage and kale with minced pork fried in onion , it was awful the pork was really tough, threw it away then fried two sausages and ate them, had blueberries strawberries with walnuts and double cream , I am going to look for a different approach to bringing my blood numbers down cos I am not feeling happy eating low carb high fat and i get a pain in my side and a really strong taste in my mouth .

I've found it difficult to do low carb as well - it takes a lot of getting used to but I am managing it - usually. It doesn't seem to be helping though. At present higher levels of insulin seem to be the only answer I can find. I'm keeping going, though, meantime. It's probably worth keeping going for a while to see if you can come to terms with it

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Last evening 5.33

FBG early this morning 5.72. GNG from too much protein........ after a celebration.

Reactions: Prem51

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I've found it difficult to do low carb as well - it takes a lot of getting used to but I am managing it - usually. It doesn't seem to be helping though. At present higher levels of insulin seem to be the only answer I can find. I'm keeping going, though, meantime. It's probably worth keeping going for a while to see if you can come to terms with it
Thanks makes me feel normal. I've just checked my morning reading and it is 7. which is the lowest in ages . I am baffled though because I had the two sausages and my usual blueberries and strawberries walnut and double cream for dessert , then hubby opened some chocolate biscuits and I felt so down I had four them . Two hours later 6.4 normal . I am baffled by this cos chocolate biscuits have high carb ?
I wonder if anyone knows .

Reactions: Starfish18

Atad heavy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.0 last night
5.7 this morning
No LCHF dinner last night had to make do with
2 mini pork pies, a lump of cheese & a protein bar. I was 7.0 1 hour after eating. Lunchtime I had battered haddock & chips

Reactions: Prem51 and Pasha

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
7.0 last night
5.7 this morning
No LCHF dinner last night had to make do with
2 mini pork pies, a lump of cheese & a protein bar. I was 7.0 1 hour after eating. Lunchtime I had battered haddock & chips

Pretty good considering what you ended up eating.

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
Before bed 12.3
Waking up 3.3

Reactions: Prem51