What was your diagnosis blood sugar level?

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I demanded my doc to do a dugar test as I had lots of symptoms of diabetes but did not have a BG monitor. I did not even know that pharmacies could do it for me. Went and gave my blood and got a call from surgery next day bs was 16.2 and a1c 142 something. I have gone to 4's and 5's lately. Next a1c is due now but have been avoiding it since I am not being regular with my medicine and carbs at all. Ketones were. 01 or .1 don't remember exactly.

jenrose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
very cold and very hot weather
I had a fasting blood test and the next day I was phoned up and told to see the doctor. My doctor told me my bt was 17.4 , I then saw the nurse who told me I had type 2 diabetes. Nine months later I had a diabetes review and was told my hb1ac was 6.9.

rden66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After testing myself on my mother's meter I was shocked to see my levels were 12 mmol.
Doctors appointment and blood test soon arranged came back with a fasting test of 8.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9th September I Was told I had type 2 with a hbA1c of 52. Spoke on the phone this week to the Dr, saying to him I was averaging 6.1 & cut my readings down to just 2hrs post meal & my estimated hbA1c on My Diabetes app is 38, his comment to this was, " ell if you're December hbA1c test comes back around 38 you will have done a great job with your control, if you come back at around 48 I would be more than happy". I wouldn't have been able to do it without a monitor. All diabetics should be given a meter when diagnosed.

Reactions: 2 people

maggie b

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Diagnosed on 21st august fasting level was 6.5 after glucose & 2hr wait for more blood it went up to 13.9. Was at diabetic nurse on Wednesday told her I would like a monitor & was told no need as my levels weren't that high hearing my concern she did the monitor on me & it read 5.2 & that was after breakfast so no need to monitor it next blood test end of November oh I'm type 2 no medication no symptoms.

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Bg was 33 when diagnosed and hba1c was 12.3

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bg at 50mmol/l, Ketones 1.6mmol/l and hba1c 112mmol/mol.

Straight diagnosis as t1, but avoided hospital thanks to "only" medium ketones.
The thirst probably "saved" me as I was flushing the ketones fast enough ;)

Went to doc after losing 20kg, looking like a zombie and losing strength in my legs to the point where walking was a challenge. Plus drinking at least 7l of water daily and always being hungry. Probably the worst period of my life...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I was first diagnosed my blood sugar was 26 m/mols and because my sugars were that high all the time I felt fine my hba1c was high then now a year on from been diagnosed my hba1c is at 4.9m/mols for the last 3 month

ashleyp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
some crazy stories in here nice to hear that i wasn't alone! i was diagnosed on the friday unfortunately and the diabetic team had gone home by the time i got into hospital which meant staying in hospital until the monday when they returned! They were also feeding me "normal" food over that weekend which meant my BG was all over the place and i constantly had panicking nurses injecting me with novorapid every now and then. Bit of a shambles when i think back to it now

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello. You have cancer.. oh and we have given you so many drugs and steroids to keep you alive that you now have diabetes...!! Inject this twice a day. I was in the high 30's and not feeling very well..... This all happened in January. Happy to say I now have had the all clear from cancer

Reactions: 7 people

secundaw

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh. Dear. I hope you feel a bit better now. How is it going for you?
It's now gone down to 96 and other is variable lowest 8.8 up to 10.9 before breakfast,feeling better and have lost 10lb.

secundaw

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trying to I just love bread but have cut down from 8/10 slices a day to 3/4 and have gone onto wholemeal,plus have given up my bottle of fizzy water and chocolate.

alliebee

Its not easy...I had to give up bread completely. Would take me up to 8 or 10 easy. Same with potatoes rice pasta...the only way I cam keep my bg down is not to touch them

alliebee

No need to give up fizzy water. I drink loads. And 80% dark chocolate is fine in moderation. It doesn't spike me. You don't need much either

Reactions: Leeannea

secundaw

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its not easy...I had to give up bread completely. Would take me up to 8 or 10 easy. Same with potatoes rice pasta...the only way I cam keep my bg down is not to touch them
So what do you eat instead I'm quiet fussy with food.

alliebee

Have a look in the low carb forum. There is a thread there where we all post what we eat. Its called what did you eat today. Gives loads of ideas. I keep my carbs to approx 45g a day. Its called lchf. And I've lost 2 stone and back to rhe weight I want to be and my bgs are right down

Reactions: 3 people

alliebee

On a typical day I have scrambled eggs and mushrooms and tomatoes
Lunch might be chicken salad with a creamy dressing with mayo
Dinner maybe stir fry beef and veg
Or a steak n salad or veg
Or a casserole. Or fish