What was your diagnosis blood sugar level?

bookmite

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My first blood test was part of an annual cardiac review, they got a BG reading of 68, so the GP sent me for the Ha1bc and it came back the same. There was no further tests and informed that this was the definitive diagnosis. I Had a review recently and thanks to diet and excercise it was down to 58.

Since joining this forum I have learned more about my condition than I could ever have via the GP/DN route.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nearly 11 years ago now, it was 14 mmol/l and I was told I was "borderline". Really??!

Reactions: 2 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well my first HbA1c was 51 doctor said perfectly normal second about a year later was 64 doctor said no need to worry your not diabetic. A year after that my new doctor did first ever finger prick test and said oh dear don't know what it was but it was higher than it should be.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Oh dear this seems to be a rather ancient thread.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh dear this seems to be a rather ancient thread.

Haha 3 years back, this thread has returned from beyond the grave. :)

Now I'm here, might as well say I had a 10.3 fasting blood sugar when I was diagnosed. I fainted right after my blood was taken. A few days previously I had my urine checked, which showed sugar but no ketones luckily. I was very, very sick so I have no idea how other people in this thread functioned with blood sugars in the 30s and 40s (and higher!), must have been terrible.

bignic147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thought this would be an interesting topic to start up. Just wondering what everyones blood sugar readings were when they were first diagnosed?

For myself i first received a reading of 13 at Sainsburys funnily enough. I went for a wellness check up whilst fasted and was told i should book an appointment with doctor as obviously something was wrong. I managed to get one for the next day late afternoon (after a full day of eating normally). I felt absolutely fine, i walked in and she tested my blood...it was 33!

Straight off to hospital from there and i was diagnosed type 1.
BS 27 mmol 120