What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank goodness your home and safe! K
K had to smile at the irony this morning...some of the roads diversions are pretty hairy...narrow...pitch black...single track...navigated them all successfully.. .then just down the road...pop!...honestly yesterday was just like the Monty Python sketch where Jon Cleese beats his car with a huge branch...only not that funny...philosophical this morning...home in one piece...may have to sell Harry to fund the new tyre...any takers? (ooh he's looking nervous now)...more coffee for me...then to clean up the fur balls Churchill has just 'deposited' under the dining room table...yesterday was tiresome...yet got so much support...offers of accommodation...and my clients husband drove me all the way home for the spare keys...then all the way back to London...so lots to be grateful for.

Reactions: ziggy_w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.7 this morning. Been dealing with a dodgy sensor the last couple of days so been a bit scattery when it comes to finger pricks, a whole pile right now. Think I have given a little too much insulin again this morning, may need to just grab an egg and a piece of bacon at work and it should even it out around 5.5-6....Hopefully.
hi joe eggs or bacon do not have any effect on my bgs

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
K had to smile at the irony this morning...some of the roads diversions are pretty hairy...narrow...pitch black...single track...navigated them all successfully.. .then just down the road...pop!...honestly yesterday was just like the Monty Python sketch where Jon Cleese beats his car with a huge branch...only not that funny...philosophical this morning...home in one piece...may have to sell Harry to fund the new tyre...any takers? (ooh he's looking nervous now)...more coffee for me...then to clean up the fur balls Churchill has just 'deposited' under the dining room table...yesterday was tiresome...yet got so much support...offers of accommodation...and my clients husband drove me all the way home for the spare keys...then all the way back to London...so lots to be grateful for.
some really nice genuine people about isnt there bubbsie :joyful:(ahem i can think of 1 on here :p)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How do you find them in regards to spikes? Normal bread, or other types seem to spike me no matter the pre bolus. Would like to add this in as a treat at weekends.
Joe...I eat them regularly a lot of the time...initially the texture can be a bit off putting...but...slightly warmed in the microwave for 10-20 seconds...delicious...I have them toasted for a burger bun...I don't save them for a treat...have you tried any of the high protein breads?...Tesco make one at 11carbs a slice...or the Burgen Soya & Linseed bread is another low carb option...bread for me in some form is a must...there are some great low carb options on the market...well worth a try...

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I wonder sometimes what the heck life's going to throw at us next, but so glad your safe and well, what lovely friends you have!
And who's Churchill with the fur balls! Is it by any chance a cat?K

Reactions: HarryBeau

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
the norovirus is doing the rounds k ive been off work all week as there was an outbreak of it in the place i work also dr advised i stay away too :)
Not heard bout it round here but it regularly does the rounds in winter, I used to work in hospital and it put many off work and closed wards with it! God hope not, but has I don't feel sick or ill now I think son was right more food poisoning due to me reheating chicken! Daft me don't know what I was thinking of, I do know better! Brain dead these days that's me! K

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not heard bout it round here but it regularly does the rounds in winter, I used to work in hospital and it put many off work and closed wards with it! God hope not, but has I don't feel sick or ill now I think son was right more food poisoning due to me reheating chicken! Daft me don't know what I was thinking of, I do know better! Brain dead these days that's me! K
me and you both kathleen ;)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
some really nice genuine people about isnt there bubbsie :joyful:(ahem i can think of 1 on here :p)
TBH Karen it was a bit overwhelming for an irascible old bag like me:)...reminded me of times when people were kinder to one another...had time to spare... less stressed...now who on earth can you be referring to I wonder;)...still smiling even though the cat has just puked under the table (just)...going in for another coffee...needed & justified in the circumstances.

Reactions: geefull and ziggy_w

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
the norovirus is doing the rounds k ive been off work all week as there was an outbreak of it in the place i work also dr advised i stay away too :)[/QUOTE
@karen8967 @Granny_grump_ grump_

I had that before Christmas...lasted 6 days...got to the point where I could get to the bathroom in under five seconds...when I thought not again there can't be 'anything left'...to much information possibly;)...fortunately just the 6 days.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
TBH Karen it was a bit overwhelming for an irascible old bag like me:)...reminded me of times when people were kinder to one another...had time to spare... less stressed...now who on earth can you be referring to I wonder;)...still smiling even though the cat has just puked under the table (just)...going in for another coffee...needed & justified in the circumstances.
meeeeeeeeeee:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:i had a cat for 20 years she was a character more human than cat :cat:in fact better than some humans i know ;)am just about to get myself another coffee then bring it bk to bed while i decide what to do today if anything :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
meeeeeeeeeee:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:i had a cat for 20 years she was a character more human than cat :cat:in fact better than some humans i know ;)am just about to get myself another coffee then bring it bk to bed while i decide what to do today if anything :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder sometimes what the heck life's going to throw at us next, but so glad your safe and well, what lovely friends you have!
And who's Churchill with the fur balls! Is it by any chance a cat?K
Yes Churchill is the family cat...tolerates Harry and treats him with complete distain...will occasionally have a sniff at him when he is fast asleep...chilly as we call him doesn't want to encourage him...Harry occasionally will chase him down the garden desperate to play with him...fortunately he hasn't 'caught' him yet...and has no chance of doing so...otherwise poor Harry would be in for a surprise...now have to go...Churchill is now hungry after all that exertion under the dining room table...and is HUNGRY:hungry: again!

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone
Well what can I say had the most frightening experience around 10 pm last night just got home from visiting son and it started dizzy stomach cramps wanting to be sick then rush to toilet, never had such violent sickness and diahorriea in my life I just felt I was going to pass out, got my grandson to phone work for his grandad to come home,it lasted just over half an hour and I crawled into bed. I've been ok since but my eldest son who is a nurse said he thought it was the reheated chicken I made into soup yesterday and was very surprised at me doing this Has I should have known better! Slapped hands!
But I do think he's probably right and don't want the experience again thought I was dying K
Nasty, glad you're feeling better.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi everyone
Well what can I say had the most frightening experience around 10 pm last night just got home from visiting son and it started dizzy stomach cramps wanting to be sick then rush to toilet, never had such violent sickness and diahorriea in my life I just felt I was going to pass out, got my grandson to phone work for his grandad to come home,it lasted just over half an hour and I crawled into bed. I've been ok since but my eldest son who is a nurse said he thought it was the reheated chicken I made into soup yesterday and was very surprised at me doing this Has I should have known better! Slapped hands!
But I do think he's probably right and don't want the experience again thought I was dying K

Horrendous for you
Not pleasant - take care

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
how are you feeling cumbs these lows seem to becoming quite regular had a bit of a low myself round 3ish i think my basal may need another tweak now im feeling better sending hugs take care :)

Earlier I felt awful shakes and a surge of heat in my body

I feel ok now thanks Karen

We have both been through it lately

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
t fascinate
Sod that Karen...get your coffee...stay in bed do nothing unless you have to...once I get my tyre sorted out that is exactly what I am going to do...nothing...there is something about cats that fascinates me...always had them...each one very much an individual.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone
WOW K...what are you trying to do to us;)...does sound very much like it was food related...chicken can be a nightmare (and would you believe reheating rice)...thank goodness you have a nurse in the family...had support & got some solid advice...and its gone...we've all got so much to do...never enough time...one of those things plus a valuable learning experience...won't share my 'food mistakes'...not enough space here...be kind to yourself today K.