What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

axle 222

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to do what I would like to be able to do
Started on the 4.7 but felt rubbish after breakfast,tested 2 hours later 3.2. Took juice, jelly babies up to 8.6 ate some toast....2 hours later back at 3.6. Have only had background insulin today,and had reduced it by 2 units..... can stress really effect this much? As this is stressing me out more!!! I'm anaemic too.....what's going on.....I'm losing days to muddle heads!!!

Reactions: 4 people

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Started on the 4.7 but felt rubbish after breakfast,tested 2 hours later 3.2. Took juice, jelly babies up to 8.6 ate some toast....2 hours later back at 3.6. Have only had background insulin today,and had reduced it by 2 units..... can stress really effect this much? As this is stressing me out more!!! I'm anaemic too.....what's going on.....I'm losing days to muddle heads!!!

Seems to be the word on the forum
But it can be other factors at hand too
We just have to work out own ones out
Happy days eh me lady ?!

axle 222

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to do what I would like to be able to do
Happy days eh me lady ?!
Thank you,oh that's cheered me being called me lady,might need to change my pseudonym!!! hate feeling rubbish all day long....I know it's not great having high readings, perhaps a little of some of the highs on here I could use and bring me up?????Lol.sure beat these hypos....
Happy days eh me lady ?!

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you,oh that's cheered me being called me lady,might need to change my pseudonym!!! hate feeling rubbish all day long....I know it's not great having high readings, perhaps a little of some of the highs on here I could use and bring me up?????Lol.sure beat these hypos....
Yes me lady !! Feel like am in dowington Abby lol.... Well I can assure u, mmmmmmmeeeeeee lady ...I had a high of 18.7 today ...so take solace in my poor reading ....or point like that kid in Simpsons an say HaHa !!! Pmsl

Reactions: 3 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
6.6 today. Going down. Hope I've found way to keep it down :)

Reactions: 3 people

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1438156081.302063.jpg

Errrmmmm
Bollyairics ?!??

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
6.5 before insulin lowest ive been at fasting check

Reactions: 2 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
(Which was a relief after 11.2 before sleep). Didn't understand the HI, think it might have been due to shifting sacks of gravel all afternoon. Should have produced a LO!
But I think my body was shouting, "Get a life!!!". :)

Reactions: 2 people

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
3.6 a tad low. Went to bed 10.9, had half a unit if Novo rapid and my usual levemir of 10 units. I'm happy, slowly reducing my twice daily levemir every 3 days

MissPiggy

12.3 :( It's like this every morning! It was 10.7 last night so I injected 1 unit of novorapid. Nighttime tests show background seems to be OK. If I go to bed with bloods around 7 and don't inject, it's fine in the morning too. It's if I need to eat or inject (even the tiniest amount) before bed, I get the morning highs. Unless I drink red wine. Then it's good :D X

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
12.3 :( It's like this every morning! It was 10.7 last night so I injected 1 unit of novorapid. Nighttime tests show background seems to be OK. If I go to bed with bloods around 7 and don't inject, it's fine in the morning too. It's if I need to eat or inject (even the tiniest amount) before bed, I get the morning highs. Unless I drink red wine. Then it's good :D X

Well there's the answer...drink red wine