What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.3 this am...slept very well last night...have a great day all :)

Reactions: 7 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
8.9 at 9.30am :banghead: - (looks like No breakfast for me!).

Reactions: 9 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all, BG this morning before breakfast 8.5 . On 2 x500mg of Metformin daily saw doctor Friday said he was happy with my readings going down and can now just do BG readings in a morning before breakfast instead of 4 times a day, I am a bit sceptical about this as it has only been 3 weeks since I was diagnosed. I think I am frightened of it going high again does anyone else feel or felt like this? so I am going to do my BG 3 times daily.

Reactions: 7 people

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, BG this morning before breakfast 8.5 . On 2 x500mg of Metformin daily saw doctor Friday said he was happy with my readings going down and can now just do BG readings in a morning before breakfast instead of 4 times a day, I am a bit sceptical about this as it has only been 3 weeks since I was diagnosed. I think I am frightened of it going high again does anyone else feel or felt like this? so I am going to do my BG 3 times daily.
Know what you mean....some Doctors don't like prescribing the Test Strips...(probably expensive), I told the Dietician this and she let the Surgery know that I needed 1 pack a month, because I needed to test regularly., so I say, while you can, test regularly, it's the only way YOU'LL know how your bloods are doing.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi MARGAR Think you may be right about they don't like prescribing Test Strips I am going to see my Diabetic nurse and have a word with her. When I last saw my Diabetic nurse she asked did I pay for prescriptions as they cost £28 a box. Fortunately I have an overactive Thyroid as well so I do not pay for prescriptions and also over 60 [ 64] yes I will test regulary as sometimes I don't think we get enough support from the NHS

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi MARGAR Think you may be right about they don't like prescribing Test Strips I am going to see my Diabetic nurse and have a word with her. When I last saw my Diabetic nurse she asked did I pay for prescriptions as they cost £28 a box. Fortunately I have an overactive Thyroid as well so I do not pay for prescriptions and also over 60 [ 64] yes I will test regulary as sometimes I don't think we get enough support from the NHS
You go for it a grundy, if yr readings are high, then you know how to react to the next meal or snack.....so you need the Test Strips to keep yourself informed. You need to keep your meter happy!!

Reactions: 5 people