What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
18/10 - Morning.

5.3 - :)

Reactions: SWUSA_
D

debrasue

well it is just to try and see how much a morning whisky can stop the dawn phenomenon... and it only got it down from the 5.6 to the 5.4 mmols så well not much I think. but it did stop the raise, which it didn´t do yesterday, but then I did walk a brisk walk right after of 3 km... today only sitting in my sofa,,,,

In my childhood the old folks got a strong morning bitter and claimed it was healthy... so I just want to try if there could have been something in it actually.... but I only have the whisky for the moment...usually do not have lots of kinds of alchohol in my home... and I am not really to the very bitter herb spirits... but maybe one could get used to it..

I have this wonderfull Dalwhinnie single malt whisky 15 years old I got for Christmas 4 years ago...and thought it was worth a try
:meh:...Okay... I'm not sure I'd want to take it up as a regular habit, though......

Reactions: JohnEGreen

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
7.5 or 136 :angelic:
After researching the low carb diet a little more I have decided it is not for me. I have had mild pancreatitis at least twice, once with stones that required lithotripsy. I also have gouty arthritis diagnosed at two years of age when I stopped walking and would not let anyone touch me.(I think they would have diagnosed autism if I had been born 50 years later based on the symptoms.) I do however need to monitor my carb intake closer. My blood sugar readings are a little higher than my target. I am adding new foods to my diet (because I am bored with the old ones) and I need to watch portion size. I also need to exercise regularly not just in fits and spurts. For example: I bought a different brand of yogurt yesterday with the same carb count listed as my old brand but as I found out when I tested: more added sugar and a smaller serving size. I do need to reduce total calories also as I am still plumper than desired. My personal manifesto for the day. Thanks for bearing with me as I evolve.

Last edited:

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning FBG 6.8
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I was trying to upload Disney Junglebook song by Randy Newman "I want to walk like you" to show my admiration for your calm posting of good numbers. I do not think it worked so I'll just hit the like button again.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
114 or 6.3, at 11pm. I am feeling a little sick today and so took an extra reading. I saw my doctor today and I am fine, just allergies and asthma but with good oxygenation. I am a little hungry but I do not need to eat at normal blood sugar level. I usually get a bump in blood sugar during the night so I will just take my lantus and other nighttime meds and sleep. It's weird but I'm fighting the urge to correct and I do not need to-this is just a normal number. My lantus is long acting and will not in my experience cause a low in the morning for me. Lost another .15 stones (2 pounds)-I have been trying to. I am fine. Night All.