What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
5/11 - Morning.

9.2 - :***: (had a stressful all day yesterday)

A

asparagusp

Good Morning Everyone on this glorious summer's day! lol It's now the third day of the change to morning Lantus and 6.8.(still within range) Hopefully it will go down shortly without the need to increase the dosage (currently 6 units)

Last edited by a moderator:

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good Morning Everyone on this glorious summer's day! lol It's now the third day of the change to morning Lantus and 6.8.(still within range) Hopefully it will go down shortly without the need to increase the dosage (currently 6 units)

The numbers will go further down with a little bit more juggling. So far so good.

A

asparagusp

The numbers will go further down with a little bit more juggling. So far so good.
Even three days ago, my fasting reading was 4.5 and post breakfast, 8.0 before the change the day after. Too many nightime hypos for comfort!

I started Lantus August 2015 at 10 units and came down to eight then six within the last couple of months.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
6.7 or 122 mg/dl fasting:)
11.3 or 204 mg/dl 2am (will change pens tonight-this is like my unmedicated fasting number)

Last edited:

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
(We were simultaneously posting likes to one another this morning!)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Even three days ago, my fasting reading was 4.5 and post breakfast, 8.0 before the change the day after. Too many nightime hypos for comfort!

I started Lantus August 2015 at 10 units and came down to eight then six within the last couple of months.

Your fbs is fine, but the hypos are not good. I have never had a hypo before so have no idea what it feels like. Must be scary. Can the GP explain to you why hypos are happening so often?

Reactions: SWUSA_
A

asparagusp

Your fbs is fine, but the hypos are not good. I have never had a hypo before so have no idea what it feels like. Must be scary. Can the GP explain to you why hypos are happening so often?

Hi Keesha, the hypos were occurring during the night. I was initially taking Lantusm 10 units and one Gliclazide, 80 mg at 10 pm. I reduced the Lantus to 8 then stopped the evening Gliclazide then reduced the Lantus to 6 but still I was getting hypos/evidence of hypos ie waking to a clammy upper back, The only way to ensure I didn't have them during the night was to stop taking Lantus in the evening. In short the medication in the evening was inappropriate.

The same diabetic consultant who missed my hyperactive thyroid ..... said when I expressed my worry about hypos I was very unlikely to have one ..... They started a few months after starting insulin therapy, March, and got progressively worse. A couple of months ago in seven days I had five, all during the night.

Reactions: amgrundy and SWUSA_