What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I wonder what would be the result if I did you yogurt instead of the drop of blood, I am intrigued now! Off to experiment with some nearly out of date strips ;)
"the"

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well this is interesting….at 6.15am this morning, when I woke with the larks (actually seagulls, but same principle) my FBG was 6.8. :(. But after a reflective cuppa (it is Sunday after all) and a potter, at around 8.30am it was 5.7.:)

So that was either Dawn doing her phenomenal best to anticipate my every active moment, or the Hagen Das ice cream I polished off last night because I ran out of sugar free jellies.

Ladynijo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning!
5.5 today and off to a wool show with my sister and a friend today. I've been very good and packed a lunch as I know it will be all carby goods for sale from the food stalls
Have a great day

Just out of curiousity, what do you take to eat on that kind of expedition? I similarly find it difficult to find suitable non carby food when on the hoof, so ideas of alternatives would be useful. I have resorted to knawing on chicken legs (cooked!) before now as they’re easy to stick in tinfoil, but other options welcome.