What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine was 7.2 this morning on the pump now have had it for about a month so all good
And did 60 mile on the bike on Monday so might drop low today

ricky24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
my readings first thing are 13 to 17mmol

trevorwill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
12.1 - I keep getting between 9.5 to 12 every morning despite being ok the night before.

So I thought of checking myself during to evening to see when my levels rise, so Yesterday I recorded the following

I was 6.2 before tea and went for a 15 mile ride on the bike, 5.9 at 9.00pm, 6.1 at midnight,
a noisy car woke me at 3.00 am so I checked myself to see if my levels had risen, nope still at 6.0, yet by 7.00 am
it had risen to 12.1

Jojo1980

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 just been diagnosed and not on medication. Does anyone know if that's a good reading without meds or do I need them?

jason134

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
6 this morning best result in a while

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
6.6 just been diagnosed and not on medication. Does anyone know if that's a good reading without meds or do I need them?
Hi jojo1980, welcome to the forum, true normal is 4.4 to 5.8 and anywhere in between is good !

jason134

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
I'm no expert but my fasting bg is always the highest of the the day usually Between 7 and 8 today's was great at 6 so hrs at 6.6 isn't to bad as long as the rest of days readings are good you should be ok

Reactions: 2 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 today.

Welcome to the new posters.

Midnight star, when I had a headache the other morning my reading was higher. However, I am so new at testing I do not know if the headache was the reason for the rise. Look forward to hearing the answer from the more experienced amongst us.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

zbd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thu.9th. 6.6 today, :)getting there, but is this a one off?- Here's hoping!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people