What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

debrasue

4.8 mmol/L at 5:36AM, 8/30/17. The daily walking is definitely a big help.
Just back from surgery with A1c of 36.6 - also lost 15 pounds since last visit 4 months ago.
Doctor was smiling the whole time. Yes! :joyful::wideyed::joyful: Must be Christmas.
Brilliant result - well done!

Reactions: Cumberland

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 on waking at 06:48 then 6.4 before breakfast at 08:15 Still don't understand what's happening here.

Sent from my Lenovo P2
Hi @Harebrain
Don't worry too much.... stress makes it worserer! There's something called 'Dawn Phenomenon' or 'liver dump'
same thing, different name.... I was told this when I was getting higher fasting BG levels than my bedtime levels
I was so confused :confused: But got the explanation from another member... and until I get my BG to a 'normal' level this is going to occur regularly :meh: but after reading other posts, I realised we're all in the same boat :banghead::arghh:
Type in a search for either name, and you will find an explanation betterer than I can tell you!! :D

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.4. I don't know if this is high... I am personally satisfied if it is under 8. Today all my 8 tests were between 6.9 and 8. This is outstandingly flat, I've never had such a flat line in a day for... well ever? @phdiabetic do you drink juice usually during the night?

Yes, especially recently, I've needed juice at least once during the night. Still trying to get my basal right, combination of honeymoon period and exercise is making trouble for me. Earlier this year, my insulin needs just kept increasing, and I needed about 23 units basal a day (whereas before I was below 10 for a long time). Then I started exercising, and doing just 20-30min of slow walking per day has caused my basal to drop down to less than 15 units. I have also discovered that anything more than 60min exercise is probably deadly. So at the moment I'm still making changes to my doses, and any nights without needing juice are a pretty big achievement!

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. I am 6.2 today. My mornings are getting higher. I have not strayed from my lchf path but my mornings are higher. I know about the dp, and does anyone think this could be happening now? If so why is it getting worse? Many thanks.
Definitely could be dawn phenomenon. Other possibilities include changes in your exercise plan, illness (even if you don't feel sick, you might have picked something up and your body is reacting already, even though you don't have symptoms yet), changes in the weather, increased stress, medication changes, different sleeping pattern, or just your body being weird and randomly deciding to be high.

Reactions: Cumberland