What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A 7.3 . I've had higher fbgs lately. Worrying about numb toe and underbelly of right foot. Although no discomfort last night. Think I've had bleep on weight loss because of tad higher bgs. My fight in back on.
If I don't fight my bgs I risk problems. Back to 66units of basal and flexible 60units of novarapid.

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all !:) (6/10/17) at 7.30am
FBG= 7.7
my own fault! Too many rice based foods yesterday.... and awake again at silly o'clock.... even woke up Hubby :angelic::oops::sorry:
Got to visit GP this afternoon.... weigh in, blood tests for vitamin deficiencies and check back thru my old paper med records too!
:wideyed::wacky::confused::watching::bookworm::rolleyes:
Happy Wacky Free Day to one and all! :wacky::D:playful::joyful:;):p:cat:
and hugs all round to those in need! :angelic::nurse::cat:

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Well its a full moon, its a very high tide and there's a flood alert on here, ( I live a few metres from the sea). However my morning reading is 5.7.

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well its a full moon, its a very high tide and there's a flood alert on here, ( I live a few metres from the sea). However my morning reading is 5.7.
I enjoyed watching the full moon in early hours.... very bright out here in the Wild West of Wales! :):cat::joyful:
We can see the sea from our house.... a couple of miles over the fields :joyful::cat:
Hope you safe from flooding risk there @OrsonKartt :nailbiting::eek::wideyed::cat:

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning........... 6.4 this morning after a better nights sleep.I was given an emergency appointment yesterday and the GP gave me some strong pain killers so feel much more comfortable .I am to see him again this morning as yesterday's exam was inconclusive.Thanks for the good wishes yesterday:):)

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
5,8 mmol/l which is better than I was expecting after the terrible day I had yesterday. A friend of my mom's visiting from Australia was suddenly taken ill and I spend most of the afternoon and evening in the waiting room of the A&E with his wife and my mom trying to find what was going on. As this was in Kyrenia in the north of Cyprus almost everyone there spoke Turkish only, which I do not understand, with only a rare person speaking English. So finding out what was going on.

My only evening meal were a couple of packet of crisps from a vending machine there. It was that or starve.

We finally crossed to back to the Greek speaking south at ten o clock, the main thing wrong with the man was that his blood pressure had become unregulated and was too high.

I tried to get the medicine we were prescribed in the north at an all night chemist in the south, only to find that none of the medicine prescribed is in the market here.

Our only choice was to go to another hospital in the south, spend another three further hours there where the doctors had him rechecked and be given a new subscription for medicine that are available.

He is due to fly back to Australia on two days time so at least with all this checks we were able to establish that it is safe for him to do so!

Hi Pavlosn it's a good thing he had you and your mom to take care of things, but it sounds like you all had a stressful day. Hope everything has now settled down for all of you,take care I hope you have a better day today. K

Reactions: pavlosn

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.6 this morning after second sleepless night in a row, I knocked one of the bruises on my arm yesterday morning splitting the skin was still bleeding at bed time last night a little painful OK now though.

Hope it soon heals take good care with it. Wishing you well!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi everyone
BG today 6.3 sun is now shining hope it lasts,

Hi diabeticliberty my leg pulling friend just read it's your birthday fancy you being a Libra like me , Best Birthday Wishes
Have a great birthday whatever age you may be! K

D

Diabeticliberty

Good morning all. 5.3 today.

Happy birthday, @Diabeticliberty. Have a wonderful day.

@JohnEGreen -- Hope you feel better soon.

Good morning Z, another fine diabetic vintage from you. Thank you for your birthday wishes. I must confess that in spite of setting myself a full agenda for today all I have managed to do so far is walk and play with my puppy. Hope you have a fantastic weekend :)

D

Diabeticliberty

Hi everyone
BG today 6.3 sun is now shining hope it lasts,

Hi diabeticliberty my leg pulling friend just read it's your birthday fancy you being a Libra like me , Best Birthday Wishes
Have a great birthday whatever age you may be! K

Kathleen me darlin' you have me sat here with a smile beaming from ear to ear and that is quite a feat cos I got really big ears. 52 today and feeling every single day of it. Have a great weekend

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
this thread seems not to be with some chat now... more like with total spamming... couldn´t we let this chatting at least be around the subject ?