What will your Valentine's day meal be ...

K

Kat100

for me it's stuffed mushrooms with cheese ...

A moussaka ....with lovely green beans

Strawberries with melted chocolate ....maybe a little ice cream as a treat ....

Reactions: 11 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't know yet, as we're going to dinner at a friend's house, so it's pot luck. We've known them for a while but only found out recently that the husband is T2. However, I gather that his wife wishes he was more controlled about his diet, so I'm under instruction from Mrs Hay-Char to set a good example. Tricky, because his wife's cooking is to die for, particularly in the lush puddings department.....

No 1 Son (Aged nearly 18) is doing dinner for his lovely girlfriend while we're out. He's reasonably handy in the kitchen but not a Cordon Bleu chef. Apparently he's doing Quesadillas, so I suspect he will be scouring the shelves at Sainsbury for the Old El Paso zone.

According to Farcebook, No 1 Daughter is going to Student Valentine Jagerbomb Frenzy Night* at a bar in Canterbury, so I don't think food will come into it, much :D

*(Representative title: actual name of event may differ :))

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We don't celebrate Valentine's Day so it will be whatever I feel like cooking:)

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
As it's just a Saturday, I wont actually know till Saturday, anything I want I think.

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Its our wedding anniversary, we were going to go out for a meal but decided to stay in instead and order some Chinese food in and enjoy a few glasses of red wine.

Reactions: 12 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We send each other cards and I get flowers, but otherwise it's just a normal day for us. As it's Saturday it will be fillet steak and all the trimmings and lashings of red wine.

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As its my sons birthday waiting for him to decide what he'd like, can't wait as the family will all be together

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Going to an away game, won't be home till Sunday morning. We swap cards and she orders something that she wants, my ticket is my Valentine!

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Homemade chicken dhansak, poppadum and a little pilau rice followed by berries & cream

Reactions: 6 people

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hubby has said he will cook us a nice meal. He trained as a chef but no longer works in this sector - he just cooks for me! :D I love fish and prawns so maybe he'll do a main course with that. I've also unearthed an Aldi Special Buys flyer that has some yummy looking Moser Roth Chocolate Pots in it as well as brandy and double cream. I will leave it strategically placed . . . . ;)

Reactions: 5 people

Blondie153

Whatever I cook myself! Mr blondie asked what date valentines was? I told him it wasn't a movable feast! Bought him chocolate hearts to annoy him!!!!!

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
As its my sons birthday waiting for him to decide what he'd like, can't wait as the family will all be together
Ah .. my son's birthday too! And I thought it was a very good Valentine's Day gift to both give and receive :)

Boldierob

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carnt think of anything to dislike lol
Home made curry and a bottle of wine cuddled up on the sofa ;)

K

Kat100

Don't know yet, as we're going to dinner at a friend's house, so it's pot luck. We've known them for a while but only found out recently that the husband is T2. However, I gather that his wife wishes he was more controlled about his diet, so I'm under instruction from Mrs Hay-Char to set a good example. Tricky, because his wife's cooking is to die for, particularly in the lush puddings department.....

No 1 Son (Aged nearly 18) is doing dinner for his lovely girlfriend while we're out. He's reasonably handy in the kitchen but not a Cordon Bleu chef. Apparently he's doing Quesadillas, so I suspect he will be scouring the shelves at Sainsbury for the Old El Paso zone.

According to Farcebook, No 1 Daughter is going to Student Valentine Jagerbomb Frenzy Night* at a bar in Canterbury, so I don't think food will come into it, much :D

*(Representative title: actual name of event may differ :))
Have a really nice time , have a nice meal with friends ...kat