What's Going On

supersonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well my wife a retired shook teacher so she he has trawled the net for information
So it's salads with chicken stuff like that, also she packs me up serial for my breakfast ,so it's 30 grams of what ever

Hi Phoenix55

It was all really wierd to be honest ,I went to the doctor's because I had pins and needles in my wrist . After checking my blood pressure which was 179 over 97 she sent me straight to the hospital for a blood test. My Hba1c came back at 59 not sure if that's bad or what to be honest? and my cholesterol was also high .The rest is history

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cereal spikes the blood glucose even for non diabetics, it is not a good choice for anyone needing to stabilize their readings.
Carbs are touted as healthy, but they do not stand up to scrutiny.

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
OK your numbers show that you are T2 so let's deal with it. There is no reason for you to give up the spicy food as long as you don't eat the rice, bread, potato that usually goes with it. I am sure you and your wife have seen cauliflower or broccoli rice in the supermarket, try that instead. One of my favourite snacks, (read nearly always available in the fridge) is peppered salami and soft cheese. Rather than cereal I have yoghurt with some berries for breakfast, but you could try omelette with cheese/bacon/veg filling. As others have said keep an eye on your readings after eating for a few weeks and you will soon find out what your body can tolerate and what not. The tricky ones are high carbs of any kind, it does not matter if it is brown rice/bread it will still be turned into sugar to be digested, just a little more slowly than the 'white' version.