What's happening

lewisles49

Hi All

Have been working on reducing the amount of carbs. Have had what I thought was reasonable success. BG dropped to high 5,s low 6,s.

Had a salad for dinner last night, capsicum, egg, tomato, cucumber and chicken.

BG reading at bed was 7.7 BG this morning was 8.9 . I then started painting the outside of house at top off ladder. felt very light headed took BG at 6.8 Had a short rest then started again, Got light headed and my vision became tunnel like and very dark it resembled a tunnel.

I then stopped working for the day and sat down and promptly fell asleep for about two hours. Woke up with a blinding headache.
I am taking Galvus. Have asked for review of medicine but not much success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Les

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All

Have been working on reducing the amount of carbs. Have had what I thought was reasonable success. BG dropped to high 5,s low 6,s.

Had a salad for dinner last night, capsicum, egg, tomato, cucumber and chicken.

BG reading at bed was 7.7 BG this morning was 8.9 . I then started painting the outside of house at top off ladder. felt very light headed took BG at 6.8 Had a short rest then started again, Got light headed and my vision became tunnel like and very dark it resembled a tunnel.

I then stopped working for the day and sat down and promptly fell asleep for about two hours. Woke up with a blinding headache.
I am taking Galvus. Have asked for review of medicine but not much success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Les
Hi @lewisles49. Take care on that ladder. It may be a good idea to check your blood pressure since the literature and several anecdotes on here suggest LC will lower that. If taking any medication for BP that may need to be reviewed. I believe Dr D Unwin found that with his patients. Best wishes with all that and well done on your progress.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Could be that you are coming down with something, that would explain the higher than usual numbers with your liver releasing some stored glucose to help you fight off an infection. Agree with ianpspurs though, probably wise to keep off that ladder until you are feeling better.