Sugar-free strawberry jelly.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Empty pans. I thought I had cooked for two days, but it tasted too good. Leftovers were so little that I decided to let the dogs have a party with it instead of saving them. After all, they deserved to celebrate the start of the year of the dog!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A mushroom under the cooker I can't reach!
That's alright, it will just dry out and shrink, not stink. Just leave it there.
Two pots of olives that won't open. I guess I need one of those pot-opener thingies. Or a strong neighbour. Neither of which are in my kitchen currently, so I guess no olives for me today.

Reactions: Brillpaul

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
That's alright, it will just dry out and shrink, not stink. Just leave it there.
Two pots of olives that won't open. I guess I need one of those pot-opener thingies. Or a strong neighbour. Neither of which are in my kitchen currently, so I guess no olives for me today.

Green or Black!

Try piercing a hole in the lid with a sharp knife. Sometimes air builds up creating pressure in the jar and piercing a hole helps release it. Then sometimes you will be able to just open them as usual..

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Try piercing a hole in the lid with a sharp knife.
I did that once, years ago. Not something to try again, much safer to wait for the neighbour. And black. Those really cheap, artificially colored ones from Aldi. I love them! Last pot were green ones.

Pot of soup with lots of stuff in it.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Lots of eggs to be painted and hidden tomorrow. We decided to do easter with 3 friends and we're all over 30. But it will be great fun and I really need to get rid of my eggs, as my five chickens decided it is now spring so they all lay an egg every day now, and I live alone. Our five dogs (between us) may help with the searching and eating and I hope the cats and the pig will help us eat as well.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
but then a cheapskate like me wouldn't be able to reuse the jar....

I dampen a sponge and then use that to open or gingerly put a screwdriver under the rim until I hear a pop
I just asked my friend when she came over to paint and search eggs. 20180331_121559_resized.jpg IMG-20180331-WA0017_resized.jpeg She's got stronger hands than I have. We only found out after the whole egg painting, hiding, searching and eating thing that easter is tommorow and not today. Never mind, had great fun anyway.

So now I have in my kitchen one-and-a-half opened pots of cheap black olives, four hard-boiled, painted eggs and a whole lot of egg-salad :)

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
but then a cheapskate like me wouldn't be able to reuse the jar....

I dampen a sponge and then use that to open or gingerly put a screwdriver under the rim until I hear a pop

Well you could, Just put a little scotch tape across the hole.. Or a piece of Hubba Bubba,,, Original flavour!

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin