Whats in your kitchen ?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
4 cold as death over-cooked ASDA chipolatas in a pool of grease.
Cut into small slices and use in another dish!

Empty can (green peas) with two paint brushes in water to keep them from drying out. Both green. Couldn't find the first paint brush which had been used a couple of weeks ago so I figured I'd thrown it away. Took a new one to paint the door to my new goat fence and found the first one when looking for an empty can to put the new used brush in to save it to use with the second layer of paint. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sosgez

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being bitten by cats. And women.
Cut into small slices and use in another dish!

Empty can (green peas) with two paint brushes in water to keep them from drying out. Both green, couldn't find the first paint brush which had been used a couple of weeks ago so I figured I'd thrown it away. Took a new one to paint the door to my new goat fence and found the first one when looking for an empty can to put the new used brush in to save it to use with the second layer of paint. :facepalm:
Yes I do that, its very good with peas and beans. A few slithers of vintage cheddar give the juices a real umami taste.

Of course if you are lucky to have 2 hands and 2 brushes, you can double the rate of painting goat fences.

One empty limpet shell. Presumably someone enjoyed it.

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A pack of 4 tiny apples, unopened. And a small gnome, also unopened.

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Brown gooey stuff on the floor. I really don't want to know what it is.

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dried rosemary leaves from a badly-cared-for bush. Probably over-watered.

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Another empty fruit bowl, of turned wood. No ducks.

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unopened 6 pack of over ripened tomatoes.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tomorrow's dinner, cooled & waiting to go in fridge.

Brown gooey stuff on the floor. I really don't want to know what it is.
Are you sure you didn't tread on that poor little gnome?

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TAre you sure you didn't tread on that poor little gnome?

He's fine, the brown stuff could be laminate glue.

3 dried up conkers from several years ago.

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A rarely used cake tin sitting patiently, waiting for flour to become available. Assuming I'd buy flour and bake something, one day, perhaps, maybe.

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A puddle of milk near where the cup was. I missed the cup by 2 inches and some went into the cooker too.

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A carpet stair rod type of thing - that should be between the hall carpet and the kitchen laminate, if it weren't sticking up vertically, due to my foot catching on it. Such things happen all the time when you have almost no nerve sensations in your feet.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A circular saw, a jigsaw, 3 drills (2 cordless, one with a thin hole-making thing -what's that called in English?-, one with a T20 bit for screwing, the real drill being reserved for 12mm holes in the wall), measuring tape, wire clippers, hammer, level, big wooden sledge hammer, device to make holes in the ground and some more bits and bobs of the same kind.

Finished for today but tomorrow work on the new improved guinea-pig pen will continue so no use to put everything back in it's rightful place for now.

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
one with a thin hole-making thing -what's that called in English?-
A drill bit, if its a simple spiral metal thing. If its a circular ring of teeth of 1/2 teeth set out from the middle on a radius, it would be a borer.

An ex-bus station LED display, which at one time would have displayed fictional bus information to credulous public passengers.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A drill bit, if its a simple spiral metal thing. If its a circular ring of teeth of 1/2 teeth set out from the middle on a radius, it would be a borer.
Ah, thanks for clearing up!
In Dutch only the things for screwing are called 'bitjes', the drill bits are called 'boortjes'. I did do a quick google search before posting but didn't believe the translation was right. To my thinking I wasn't looking for a boortje but for a bitje so 'bit' must be wrong. So I needlessly went with a description instead :)

Chinese takeway (Indonesian-like lightly breaded pork in a sweet and spicy soy sauce with veggies and white rice) waiting to be reheated because the restaurant is too far away.
I was going to choose a lower carb dish but couldn't resist this one. At least I'll give the rice to my chickens tomorrow and I have made a fried cabbage and cucumber substitute for the rice, that should help. Still, you're welcome to wish me a bit of luck on dosing for this one!

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good luck with the takeaway dosing. Its a very long time since I had some food I didn't prepare myself.

One side of a very tall tower PC. I'm using it on top of my cooker for 2 reasons.
1. to keep mice out of the area under the hob.
2. As a tray for the kettle and plates where I prepare meals.
But I have to remove it if I want to grill anything, or the paint would burn.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with the takeaway dosing. Its a very long time since I had some food I didn't prepare myself.

One side of a very tall tower PC. I'm using it on top of my cooker for 2 reasons.
1. to keep mice out of the area under the hob.
2. As a tray for the kettle and plates where I prepare meals.
But I have to remove it if I want to grill anything, or the paint would burn.
Having read your recent posts, I've come to the conclusion that your kitchen is a very weird and wonderful place....

Earlier in mine, me and a completely-dead-to-the-world little snoring black dog, who finally woke up and staggered upstairs to have another nap...

Reactions: Sosgez

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Having read your recent posts, I've come to the conclusion that your kitchen is a very weird and wonderful place....

Earlier in mine, me and a completely-dead-to-the-world little snoring black dog, who finally woke up and staggered upstairs to have another nap...

I wish I had a dog too, or more cats. From my kitchen window I keep a eye on the back garden for visiting cats.
Of course by "keen eye" I mean what's left of my barely functioning eyes producing unreliable visual reports. Floating debris in the vitreous often suggests a cat in the distance. But sometimes the sightings are real.

At 10am today a black and white cat suspiciously paused in the long grass.
So, I took my binoculars from the kitchen drawer and had a good look to see what offences were being perpetrated.

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Approx 25mm of mattress spring, broken both ends. Found it embedded in the sole of my right foot at 2:30am I've been walking around for some time with this in mt foot, leaving little pools of blood on the floor.. I think its been laying about for 3 years and recent tidying up meant it rolled out to where I stepped on it.

I've had so many antibiotics from previous incidents, I doubt I need any treatment.