1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Whats in your kitchen ?

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by letstalk1, Aug 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sosgez

Sosgez Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Half eaten bag of chilli peanuts. They;re really fiery so It takes a few days to get through them. They make me cough a bit.

2. Sosgez

Half a tee shirt on the floor. When I'm rummaging around on the floor trying to repair things, I skid about on the cold laminate, so this is useful.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Sosgez

Broken glasses. The arm snapped off so its re-attached with a plastic tube.

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. Sosgez

Quite a few grotty pieces of damp cardboard approx 5" x 2.5" which separate the layers in 6 packs of crumpets.
    They are great for writing down vital information about salami, milk, buckets.

5. cdpm

cdpm Type 2 · Well-Known Member

spilled red whatever comes out
    of the ground beef package when
    you open it

6. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

You need a dog or a cat! It would have disappeared in the blink of an eye!

Lots of dry cat food in a bowl on the floor in hopes the cat with the broken leg stops jumping on the kitchen table to eat in his usual spot.
    Also dry cat food all over the floor because I accidentally kicked the bowl.

7. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

@ANTJE: on my kitchen floor, a few bits of dry dog kibble because my two love to chase and eat it rather than be polite boys and use their doggy bowls. Some sort of hunt and kill instinct remains in their domesticated little brains...;)

I hope your poor cat is on the mend. One of my sister's cats we think was hit by a car and had his hip broken then apparently hid for some time before struggling back home with it part healed.:bigtears:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Pasha

Pasha Prediabetes · Expert

Curcuma Napoletana

9. Opalshards

Opalshards Type 2 · Well-Known Member

10. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

A new coffee machine that really should have been advertised on a left-handers' site as I have to hold the mug that came with it in my left hand in order to pour the water into the reservoir because the right side of the reservoir is blocked by the part that pumps the water into the filter basket and the mug. Now I know first-hand (no pun intended) what sort of complications lefties learn to deal with on a daily basis -- before, I only knew second-hand from left-handed friends.

11. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

An apple tree.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

To a certain extent though, being "cack-handed" means we're quite versatile and can learn to be ambidextrous, and I have some special talents like "naturally" being able to read upside down and do mirror writing...:D:p
    The trait can run in families - my late father was, and my niece is, also left handed and my maternal aunt - a teacher -could write on the backboard with either hand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Cool!
    I admire left-handed guitarists who had to learn to play right-handed for lack of available left-handed guitars. To say nothing of violinists, cellists, and other string players, and polo players ...

14. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

All guitars are left-handed guitars when you put the string upside down, so this is only an issue when you share a guitar between different people.

And to stay on topic: A muddy shovel. No idea why it ended up in my kitchen after planting my new apple tree.
    But knowing myself, it will stay in my kitchen for at least three weeks. Random objects quickly stick in my mind as part of my surroundings, so I only have a day or two to put them back where they belong before not seeing them anymore.

15. Sosgez

A fairly chunky slow moving mouse abled across the floor at 3pm yesterday. Probably after a feast.
    Sometimes I put down a packet of biscuits for them (Bourbon creams). Opened of course, I'm not cruel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

A newly baked super sized chocolate hazelnut muffin in a "pretend" mug (aka small pyrex bowl as it saves washing up!) waiting to be eaten left-handedly of course.

• Hug Hug x 1
  17. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Enough Chinese take-away for at least 2 more days. I've already had today's portion (yes, left handed) and shot up 5 mmol in the last 40 minutes, so wish me luck for the next couple of hours... I love Chinese take-away but I'll be so happy to go back to my usual lowish carb regime after three days of fighting my diabetes :D.
    I guess I need the reminder every once in a while.

18. Opalshards

Opalshards Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oats, Honey, Cinnamon

19. Sosgez

A pile of receipts. Unstable.

20. Sosgez

A dolly.
    No, not that kind of dolly.
    This one is for shifting heavy weights around. The sort of heavy weights anyone might have in their kitchen, such as 3 crates of fossils, a filing cabinet, fat useless girlfriend.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook