What's the highest you've been?

Lolagirl

My highest reading was 12.1 last night after a pizza. I was tired and couldnt be bothered cooking.

I am T2 but not taking the metformin because it makes me so ill so I am trying to control by diet. Am hoping this blip wont have too big an impact on my first 3 month review at the end of March. Been achieving 4.2 - 6.9 most days.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

candiloo

31 and it is not pleasant - this was the day I was diagnosed and was sent straight to the hospital. They were a complete waste of time. I left with a pack of stuff and had not even injected before, had not even been told how much to inject, and my level was still raging when they threw me out. Someone was in my bed before I left the buidling.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Shouldn't we merge thi sthread with the Cannibis thread??? :twisted:

Pandanose

Off medication I'm regularly over 33. My meter doesn't tell me exactly what after that. Although to be honest I feel better up there than I do when I'm in the safe zone. Ignorance really was bliss.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Patch said:
Shouldn't we merge thi sthread with the Cannibis thread??? :twisted:

lol Patch :lol:

Rachel91

My highest that i know of was 54.4 i had ketoacidosis and wasnt very coherent and the doctor came in and told me what it was very scary few hours!

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been taking fenugreek for a week now and came down to 5.2 last night, normally i meander around 6 to 8.
Sunday Monday Happy days....

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Lily47

45+. I had a terrible GP back then and he rang after my visit to the surgery and said "I'm just ringing to see if you're still alive" aww how nice of him thinks me, until he said "the lab rang and said your blood glucose reading was 45+". I felt fine which was scary.

roseugine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rudeness loud music in shops cruelty in any form to human or animal.,cold weather being fat getting old
mine was 33 went into hospital at 30 after there wonderul food and care collapsed within half an hour of bieng sent home they then agreed i ought to be on insulin. :crazy:

AMBrennan

25 at diagnosis with DKA in the hospital. ICU nurses told me that the highest they had seen was 99 (mmol/l)- undisguised T1 who had decided to treat lack of energy with lots of Lucozade.