1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Whats the most annoying thing people say about diabetes?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by notafanofsugar, Jan 12, 2013.

1. equipoise

equipoise · Well-Known Member

But if life isn't managed then it can't be lived (for diabetics).

2. LordPercy

LordPercy · Newbie

Does no-one else hear "surely you can eat fruit - that's got *healthy* sugar in it"?! Sugar is carbs is carbs is carbs etc. Yes, I could have fruit if I chose, but I'd have a jab with it.

People thinking that if you're injecting then you must be feeling unwell (because insulin is the "remedy").

People thinking that if you're tired, or ill, there can be no other cause but diabetes.

"You've got to eat" - no, not if I'm not hungry and my blood sugar's not low.

Countless remarks that are harmless to each person making them but all stack up to a whole load of irritation for me having to hear them again and again :cry:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook