What's your Achille's heel T1 & T2?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
What's your really really weakness? Just found out today when Mr B came back with a Christmas tub of Twiglets!!! that's it for me. How bad is that? You never see Twiglets at any other time of the year. I'm not a fan of Marmite or Bovril but Twiglets??? Chain me to the radiator now!! Come on admit....

Reactions: Guzzler

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
P9090259.jpg Nutella was my past downfall, but I have learned to ignore it now.
I happily eat goat's and buffalo cheese , perhaps to excess now.
I do get a tad obsessive about being prepared and thinking ahead.
Forgive me. I am but a normal human being with TID.
And I looove kites, wish to buy or make them all.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I remember Twiglets, they were called coated Stick Insects lol ;)I do miss mince pies and Chrissymassss pudding :hungry:The carbs in these Free From foods are huge and just not worth it, but, there is always a but .................:)

Reactions: kitedoc
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
View attachment 29815 Nutella was my past downfall, but I have learned to ignore it now.
I happily eat goat's and buffalo cheese , perhaps to excess now.
I do get a tad obsessive about being prepared and thinking ahead.
Forgive me. I am but a normal human being with TID.
And I looove kites, wish to buy or make them all.

My daughter just loves Nutella :hungry:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What's your really really weakness? Just found out today when Mr B came back with a Christmas tub of Twiglets!!! that's it for me. How bad is that? You never see Twiglets at any other time of the year. I'm not a fan of Marmite or Bovril but Twiglets??? Chain me to the radiator now!! Come on admit....

Okay...........Lindt hazelnut chocolate :happy::joyful::hungry:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Crisps (any cheesy flavour) and coated peanuts before bed... I'm on insulin, so theoretically I could inject for them. Except they hit about 6 hours later when I'm fast asleep.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Crisps, crackers and cashew nuts. I have no off switch. :sour:

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If you splash some soy sauce over sunflower seeds then crisp them up under the grill till the sauce has dried out, they've got a definite Twigletty thing going on. Packed full of vitamins and minerals too.

Last edited:

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For me, it is definitely home made bread, I used to eat a slice or two daily before Dx. Mrs Typin still makes bread in the breadmaker for herself, the smell of it makes me dribble!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
profiteroles
onion rings (the huge real beer battered ones with onion slices in them, not the manky mushed up breaded ones)
posh crisps

The first two are a double whammy since they are both gluten and carbs, but it really is only a matter of when , not if, I next indulge. There will come a day (maybe months, years or much sooner) when I see them and eat them - and then live with the consequences.

C'est la vie! :D

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Bread, any bread, white, brown, seeded, crusty, sliced. Definately bread, anything else I dont care about

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
For me, it is definitely home made bread, I used to eat a slice or two daily before Dx. Mrs Typin still makes bread in the breadmaker for herself, the smell of it makes me dribble!
Oh noooooooo, I couldnt bare it!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
WOMEN :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:. They send my sugars crazy.

Cream crackers , Stilton cheese and a glass of port. Only over the festive season though.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Crisps (any cheesy flavour) and coated peanuts before bed... I'm on insulin, so theoretically I could inject for them. Except they hit about 6 hours later when I'm fast asleep.
Not licorice or chocolate sprinkles?

Reactions: kitedoc

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
cheese. I am one of the ones who have to watch my calorie intake as well as carb intake, and cheeeeessseeee is my downfall.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Choux Bun with real cream.
Scone cake with cream and strawberry jam.
Proper Cornish Pasty the ones with steak not that mushy mince filling.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Proper Cornish Pasty the ones with steak not that mushy mince filling.
Be very careful using "proper" and "Cornish Pasty" in the same sentence. Opening a can of worms doesn't come close!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not licorice or chocolate sprinkles?
Definitely not chocolate sprinkles. Who cares about chocolate sprinkles as an adult when they were perfectly normal on a slice of bread in theit youth? Besides, I prefered things like sharp blue cheese and olives over chocolate sprinkles from the time I was 8 or so. And I could always grate a piece of 85% chocolate!
I usually use licorice as a hypo treatment, so I still get to eat that :) Although I must admit I'd love to eat a bag of licorice until I feel sick again :p

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely not chocolate sprinkles. Who cares about chocolate sprinkles as an adult when they were perfectly normal on a slice of bread in theit youth? Besides, I prefered things like sharp blue cheese and olives over chocolate sprinkles from the time I was 8 or so. And I could always grate a piece of 85% chocolate!
I usually use licorice as a hypo treatment, so I still get to eat that :) Although I must admit I'd love to eat a bag of licorice until I feel sick again :p
At one time I worked in Amsterdam a lot and my children always wanted sprinkles brought home. I like the salted licorice but that has too much sugar for me now. My own weakness was appeltaart met slagroom which I now wish I hadn't remembered!

Reactions: Antje77