Wheat (not gluten)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wheat and grains are the main staple dietary ingredient in the majority of the so called western diet.
It is widely eaten, in every household.
I'm not going to criticise the health industry, big business food industry!
We are, where we are!
It has been the key reason why there is not a worst case scenario of food shortages in the majority of countries in the world. Grains are a cheap resource, that is easily grown in a broad spectrum of climates.
I grew up eating cereal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, and a quick meal for tea, probably involving pastry, pies, or somewhat, cakes, biscuits, beer,.
Wheat and grains have been modified to be this universal (healthy!) Food!
But as any diabetic will tell you, How much it can affect your blood glucose levels.
Or somebody that has a gluten intolerance, grains can make you ill!
Or why certain other metabolic or hormonal issues will be made worse?
Or with RH, carb intolerance. Wheat flour is 100% carbs.

What I want to say for those like me, who has completely gone keto. Avoiding it in every way possible.
I am fitter and healthier, physically.
I have had a gluten intolerance test, but despite my intolerance to wheat I'm not to gluten! Eh!
So, I came across a university study into what caused inflammation.
And a few years back I read another study suggesting that inflammation is a precursor to metabolic conditions, namely T2,
The university of Ohio found that Ceramides, have a direct impact on this.
So eating flour of most grains, Ceramides cause inflammation, which causes insulin resistance, which causes insulin and hormonal imbalance response, which in turn causes high insulin levels, fatty liver cat around the other organs,which causes hyperglycaemia, and hyperinsulinimia! When your brain or gut signals for more of a hormonal response, it may be a liver dump or in the case of RH more insulin because the high spike triggers the signals.
So when you as RH rs, get advised to eat healthy grains, tell them you are totally carb intolerant and grains are not good for you and make you ill!

Do Google Ceramides, I was surprised, so much, at this!

Stay safe, stay in keto!

Reactions: rehab1171
M

Member496333

Wheat Belly by William Davies and Grain Brain by David Perlmutter. Both recommended reading for anyone interested in investigating established dietary paradigms. Not asserting for a moment that either of them contain 100% truth but I personally feel that wheat is probably the single greatest driver of modern disease.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks Jim I totally agree, The history of wheat is totally significant in obesity and mental illness!

If you have a look at a lot of symptoms with metabolic conditions, those two stand out!
Wheat Belly by William Davies and Grain Brain by David Perlmutter. Both recommended reading for anyone interested in investigating established dietary paradigms. Not asserting for a moment that either of them contain 100% truth but I personally feel that wheat is probably the single greatest driver of modern disease.