When will Freestyle Libre be available

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Folks wondering if anyone knows when Abbott will be allowing new customers to order from their site. I spoke with someone today and he was unable to provide me with any update

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you spoke to someone at Abbott and they didn't know, then no-one else would I suspect be able to give you any answer that didn't involve a lot of speculation and/or guesswork :(

D

Deleted member 308541

It will be quicker to... :D

ask_crystal_ball_side.png

Reactions: XxTinkerxx

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
I don't think they have any intention of selling direct to the customer long term. You can now buy it cheaper and get it within a couple of days at various pharmacies. Alternatively you can pay more, wait approximately 4 weeks and be restricted in your order.

Whilst not withdrawing purchasing direct completely these that are ordering direct must have dropped off considerable yet these restrictions still apply.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think they have any intention of selling direct to the customer long term. You can now buy it cheaper and get it within a couple of days at various pharmacies. Alternatively you can pay more, wait approximately 4 weeks and be restricted in your order.

Whilst not withdrawing purchasing direct completely these that are ordering direct must have dropped off considerable yet these restrictions still apply.

Sorry but.....................https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...top-selling-libre-sensors-to-patients.147936/

I believe it is end of July for new customers.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for your responses. Do you know which pharmacies are selling the readers ? I have tried. Few locally without success