Where are you on the global fat scale ?

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328

When started this process I had a BMI of 41% and I was considered by this measure to be fatter than 100% of the world's female population of my age.

If everyone in the world had had the same BMI as me , it would add 211,933,333 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population and it would take some while before I could aspire to coming from Tonga .

Nearly five months later after a quick tour through Tonga, Miconesia, Samoa and Kuwait, I should now be Egyptian and the world's potential additional burden has improved by more than 100,000,000 tons.

I find this rather exciting as I am now fatter than only 88% of the world population . I'm rather hoping to pitch up in Fiji before too long at which point I may no longer be actually obese.

Its kinda fun to take a look at each of these countries vicarously as I pass through them - next stop Barbados !

sd29

My BMI is 14, up from10. Whoo whoo! I wonder how long it would take for the world to reach critical mass or when it has been at its heaviest? Does an increasingly obese population weigh moe or less than when we were a world dominated by super sized dinosaurs?

Reactions: SWUSA_

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I think I have bumped up to 29 and obesity this week with infection and antibiotics but will only be here shortly-I plan to be back down to 28 within a week or two-the first 5 lbs are always the easiest to lose.

Good question about the dinosaurs-I am going to guess we weigh more now because there are so many more people than there were dinosaurs-wait-second guess-it's a closed system with the same amount of mass encased in a a gaseous atmosphere with gravity and centrifugal force to hold it all in. The total amount of mass on the Earth doesn't change-just how it's distributed. Final answer-Did I win Brownie points?

Last edited:

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My BMI is 43 and apparently I should live in Tonga. I wonder if it's any better than a council estate in the Midlands?

Bill_Tanner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My BMI is 43 and apparently I should live in Tonga. I wonder if it's any better than a council estate in the Midlands?
I once stayed in a hotel backing on to Dudley zoo I think most of the animals were from Tonga