Where did that come from!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ten years this coming June, I stopped eating carbs and virtually overnight the heartburn and reflux I suffered at night, stopped.

I enjoyed some lovely pork belly earlier and I think it was just a bit more fat that my body wanted because, hello, the heartburn is back! **** and blast, I hope it’s a one off.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I suffered for years with this, too. I have noticed though that just occasionally it still happens. Fingers crossed that it eases soon and the next time you have that meal all will be fine.

Reactions: wiflib

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's strange isn't it? I ate a lot more meat than normal over Christmas and then was away over new year on a lovely family break, we ate out every night for a week and although I stuck to my carb allowance I did have even more meat- like you no heartburn for years - 3 nights on the trot bad heartburn - stopped again now now I'm back in my usual routine/lifestyle.

Mind you it might not have been the meat but the generous glasses of red wine - just for medicinal purposes you understand ;)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suffered badly with reflux following removal of my gall bladder and a couple of follow up endoscopies. I was put on a PPI (Esomeprazole) which kept it fairly controlled but I did have to break out the Gaviscon occasionally. Since my diabetes diagnosis and low carbing, touch wood, I’ve not had any heartburn. I haven’t tried belly pork though! ;)
I do hope it was a one off for you x

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m sitting up in bed burping, I daren't lie down yet!

Once, many years ago, I woke up having inhaled acid and it was one of the most scariest things I’ve ever experienced.

Reactions: ianbancroft