Which Blood Tests?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am going for a blood test tomorrow. I was assuming that I need to fast for about 12 hours so my triglycerides will be as low as possible. However looking at the paperwork I have been given, I have two folders, one labelled LFBC (Full Blood Count) and the other LHBA1C. As far as I can see online the Full Blood Count does not include Cholesterol. If so, I don't need to fast. Please can anyone enlighten me? Also, I don't know what the "L"stands for.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am going for a blood test tomorrow. I was assuming that I need to fast for about 12 hours so my triglycerides will be as low as possible. However looking at the paperwork I have been given, I have two folders, one labelled LFBC (Full Blood Count) and the other LHBA1C. As far as I can see online the Full Blood Count does not include Cholesterol. If so, I don't need to fast. Please can anyone enlighten me? Also, I don't know what the "L"stands for.
Looking at the tests I had last time, I think the FBC does NOT include cholesterol, so no need to fast. Interesting that my GP has apparently given up on me as far as my previous high LDL is concerned. If she thinks no result however high would persuade me to take statins, she is SO right. I would have liked to see my trigs and HDL, but I guess I can wait til next time. I am just grateful that she allowed me another A1c test, given that my last score was 38.

I still don't know what the "L" before the tests' initials stands for.

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been searching Prof Google and can't come up with any answer to "L", so I hope someone knows. Most frustrating, I can usually find answers to this sort of thing.
FBG, as far as I know, doesn't include cholesterol, it's all about blood cells and iron levels. No need to fast for this.
Sally

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been searching Prof Google and can't come up with any answer to "L", so I hope someone knows. Most frustrating, I can usually find answers to this sort of thing.
FBG, as far as I know, doesn't include cholesterol, it's all about blood cells and iron levels. No need to fast for this.
Sally
Thanks, Sally.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All the full blood count is is a count of your red and white blood cells. It doesn't even include the liver and kidney functions, and certainly not cholesterol and lipids. So no need to fast. You have a GP being mean with his budget by the looks of things.

Good luck with your results. :)

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All the full blood count is is a count of your red and white blood cells. It doesn't even include the liver and kidney functions, and certainly not cholesterol and lipids. So no need to fast. You have a GP being mean with his budget by the looks of things.

Good luck with your results. :)
Thanks very much! To be fair to my nice GP, this is a 3-month repeat test because my white blood cells are a bit low, so I was lucky she agreed to throw in the A1c.