Which is the lowest carb Indian take-away

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Hello everyone, my local Indian take-away is wonderful and I used to eat Chicken Tikka Rogan Josh which I love. I asked the chef which would be the lowest sugar/carb meal on the menu but I could tell he didn't really understand me i.e there is no sugar in the rice and breads so I am asking the informed people on this forum what they think would be the more lower carb meal. I realise that Chicken Tikka would be good but I can make that at home so therefore that is nothing special and I do like a curry sauce. Many thanks

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
diadeb said:
Hello everyone, my local Indian take-away is wonderful and I used to eat Chicken Tikka Rogan Josh which I love. I asked the chef which would be the lowest sugar/carb meal on the menu but I could tell he didn't really understand me i.e there is no sugar in the rice and breads so I am asking the informed people on this forum what they think would be the more lower carb meal. I realise that Chicken Tikka would be good but I can make that at home so therefore that is nothing special and I do like a curry sauce. Many thanks

Bhuna which is dryer and thicker is one of the better ones I find if you want a change from tandoori chicken,a tablespoon of rice at most,(No breads I'm afraid),onion salad and lamb shish kebabs to bulk it out is what I usually do on the rare occasions i get to have an indian takeaway.

Best wishes

Paul

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Thanks for the reply Paul, I never thought of lamb shish kebabs!