Which pump??

Bhaumik84

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am in the process of getting an insulin pump and I can't seem to decide which one to get. The Medtronic 630g or the omnipod?? Please share suggestions and or experience.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Bhaumik84 I use the 640g which is pretty similar to the 630g and has the smartguard feature which works as a closed loop system, although I don't currently use the CGM system with the 640g I believe it is a clever piece of technology to have if you are aiming to keep very tight control. Personally I love my 640g as I exercise so it works well with reducing basal insulin for these events and you can change your ratios throughout the day or to suit events such as illness or if i'm having a low activity day. Most pumps offer similar technology so it's a good idea to look at youtube videos and see how other pump users get on with theirs.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Where are you based @Bhaumik84 ? It's very unusual for a type 2 diabetic to be prescribed an insulin pump in the NHS.

What is your total daily dose of insulin? The omnipod lasts 3 days but only holds 200 units, so if you are on more than 66units per day it might not be suitable.

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
I have the 640g and it's great.