Which pump?

KezzWD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I work with lots of dogs and othere bigger animals such as horses, so I can get knocked over/jumped on etc, and also requires running and swimming at times. I really feel that i need to go on pump therapy, ive been on insulin injections of novo rapid and lantus for 6 years and its not working for me anymore, my blood sugars are at a constant high and the Hba1c has been unreadable too many times. Can anyone offer any advice as to which pump would suit my lifestyle? I have been looking at the Animas Vibe./

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I work with lots of dogs and othere bigger animals such as horses, so I can get knocked over/jumped on etc, and also requires running and swimming at times. I really feel that i need to go on pump therapy, ive been on insulin injections of novo rapid and lantus for 6 years and its not working for me anymore, my blood sugars are at a constant high and the Hba1c has been unreadable too many times. Can anyone offer any advice as to which pump would suit my lifestyle? I have been looking at the Animas Vibe./

Any pump will do the job.

H

Hooked

I've the Animas Vibe and love it. It's also waterproof. Most people will detach pump for swimming anyway, but I know when doing hard yard work etc you can sometimes get wet, so waterproof might be a good way to go for you.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I have the Medtronic mini med and it's marvellous, I clip mine to my bra so that it's covered by my clothes to keep it protected, plus it's cushioned there lol x