CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
It is the lack of remote.

I like the idea of leaving the pump where it is. Not keen on the idea of un clipping the pump to read the screen or enter carbs. The more I look at the Omnipod, the more I like it. A disposable 3 day pump you don't have to touch and don't need to clip to a strap or disconect when swimming or washing. The lack of tubing is a big bonus to me also.

CGM is becoming more afordable (haven't looked into for a while) but £50pm still a bit much for me.

The Omnipod would be a personal choice but may change my mind between now and April 2015!!!!
Hi, there have been quite a few negative posts regarding Omnipod on various forums, including this one so make sure you do your research very carefully.
I have the Vibe pump and it sits clipped to my pocket and that's where it stays, I don't take it off for bousing . Only time it's not there is at bedtime and when I have a shower. Vibe is 100% waterproof, people have swam the channel wearing them :)

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is the lack of remote.

I like the idea of leaving the pump where it is. Not keen on the idea of un clipping the pump to read the screen or enter carbs. The more I look at the Omnipod, the more I like it. A disposable 3 day pump you don't have to touch and don't need to clip to a strap or disconect when swimming or washing. The lack of tubing is a big bonus to me also.

CGM is becoming more afordable (haven't looked into for a while) but £50pm still a bit much for me.

The Omnipod would be a personal choice but may change my mind between now and April 2015!!!!
The CellNovo is almost tubeless, but for me had a few drawbacks.

1) the handset was never completely off, which is an issue for me in the industries I work in.
2) the positioning of the pump was quite critical as the corners could dig into you, sleeping could be uncomfortable
3) if positioned wrongly it became an issue for some sports, particularly yoga with twisting and bending
4) not sure about the omnipod, but the cellnovo forced a reservoir change at 3 days regardless of remaining insulin.

Roy.K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on an omnipod ,and have been since March. I wear mine on my upper arm and have had very few issues with it, I sometimes stretch the 3 days out until the empty reservoir alarm sounds, but it behaves beautifully, the smallest amount of insulin it can dispense is increments of 0.05 units or 0.0005ml. I was taken by the wireless nature of the device as the conventional pump had me wondering about sleeping with the cannula trailing across the bed but the pod is very in obtrusive. Now although the pdm has a built in bg meter, I continue to use the accuchek mobile meter as it is more convenient than inserting test strips each time. It seems pretty robust, and the pods stay where you stick 'em...

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
have read thru this topic -- thank you to everyone for valuable insight

I am awaiting going to a pump ( first dietician appt december 16th ) and been offered the

animas Vibe
paradigm Veo
Omnipod

before reading this thread i had leaned toward the omnipod and after reading it still is in pole position for me.