Which pumps use pre-filled Novorapid pumpcarts?

ealingr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm currently using the Accucheck Insight pump which uses the pre-filled Novorapid pump cartridges. I find these so much easier than manually filling them (which I've done with previous pumps).

I understand Roche have discontinued the Insight in the UK so I'll need to move to a different pump next time I get a new one.

Which other pumps use the pre-filled Novorapid pump cartridges?

Reactions: Tracyann35

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry, I am not aware of any pumps using prefilled cartridges.
For me, this is no problem because I don't use a full cartridge between set changes and would rather go through the "faff" of filling a cartridge up to the level I need than wasting expensive insulin.

Reactions: ealingr

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tandem t:slim and looks like Medtronic plus YPSO do not use prefilled cartridges. Not sure what others do now.

Reactions: ealingr

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi ealingr

When I moved to a pump I chose the Medtronic 670g. Unfortunately due to arthritis in my hands I found the set changes extremely difficult. I changed to the Omnipod and have found I can manage that with no problems. I did make a lot of enquiries and found that pre-filled cartridges were difficult to find.

Good luck with this

ealingr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you all!

I've just watched a video of the Omnipod filling process and it does look easier than I remember manually filling cartridges to be - good to know, thanks.

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm currently using the Accucheck Insight pump which uses the pre-filled Novorapid pump cartridges. I find these so much easier than manually filling them (which I've done with previous pumps).

I understand Roche have discontinued the Insight in the UK so I'll need to move to a different pump next time I get a new one.

Which other pumps use the pre-filled Novorapid pump cartridges?

I feel your pain I started accuchek then heard they were discontinuing the pump so moved to Medtronics I did find it hard having to use the vial after having preloaded but you do get used to it!!!