Which should I have ?!?

Ben7982ben

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I am getting a pump in three weeks and I was wondering should I go for omnipod or tubed pump ???

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I am getting a pump in three weeks and I was wondering should I go for omnipod or tubed pump ???

It's a personal decision @Ben7982ben so there's no right answer :) Only what's right for you.

I have an Animas Vibe (tubed) and love it. I've been pumping 13 years and all my pumps have been tubed. I don't find the tunbing gets in the way at all, and I prefer the option of moving the pump many times a day if I want to eg according to what I'm wearing or doing.

I also like the fact there are more sets and cannulas available for my pump so I can choose exactly what suits me.

I suggest you read around this forum and research each one of the pumps available at your clinic. The only pump I'd avoid is the Insight - I had it and hated it, plus it's had a number of issues. Other members are using it and are ok with it. As I said, it depends on the individual - your needs and your expectations.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Just way up the pro's & con's of all pumps on offer to you Ben, as @azure says it's a personal decision but don't rush into things and take a few days to decide.

I went for the Omnipod as it was a tubeless pump, but 2 years down the road I think I could happily switch to a tubed pump if need be.

Reactions: azure

genix

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I like tubed pumps because I can stick it in my pocket or remove it totally if I need or want to.

Reactions: Medusa41