While Im experimenting with breakfasts

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Boo1979, that looks absolutely delicious. Low carb oats - I shall add it to the must-try list.
Variety is the spice of life !

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interestingly, I decided to make overnight oats yesterday - I've just eaten them so will test a bit later and see what I get. I used to love porridge but can't eat it on it's own, and honey wasn't ideal :banghead: Also, everyone used to tell me a bowl of porridge filled them up until lunch, yet I got very hungry within an hour.

I've had berries, yogurt and cinnamon in mine, it was nice.

Reactions: kitedoc and Sue192

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was tasty, but did shove my levels up by 3 at the 2 hour point - could be the yogurt or the coconut milk I used. That said, at the 3 hour point they were dropping again.

Reactions: lindijanice

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally got around to trying the recipe - quite nice but Im not in a rush to repeat the experiment - the grainfree granola recipe I also experimented with is definately a keeper / repeater.
I suspect using a 50:50 mix of shelled hemp seeds and chia seeds might work better in the overnight “oats” recipe

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
My favourite breakfast now is a mix of flaxseed (milled), chia seeds and oatbran, served with cinnamon and cream. It's the closest thing to porridge i could find. Over time I've adjust the ratio from starting with more oatbran in the mix to more flaxseed.