1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

While Im experimenting with breakfasts

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Boo1979, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

2. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Boo1979, that looks absolutely delicious. Low carb oats - I shall add it to the must-try list.
    Variety is the spice of life !

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. seanj67

seanj67 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Interestingly, I decided to make overnight oats yesterday - I've just eaten them so will test a bit later and see what I get. I used to love porridge but can't eat it on it's own, and honey wasn't ideal :banghead: Also, everyone used to tell me a bowl of porridge filled them up until lunch, yet I got very hungry within an hour.

I've had berries, yogurt and cinnamon in mine, it was nice.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sue192

Sue192 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5. seanj67

seanj67 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Mine was tasty, but did shove my levels up by 3 at the 2 hour point - could be the yogurt or the coconut milk I used. That said, at the 3 hour point they were dropping again.

6. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

Finally got around to trying the recipe - quite nice but Im not in a rush to repeat the experiment - the grainfree granola recipe I also experimented with is definately a keeper / repeater.
    I suspect using a 50:50 mix of shelled hemp seeds and chia seeds might work better in the overnight “oats” recipe

7. TriciaWs

TriciaWs Type 2 (in remission!) · Active Member

My favourite breakfast now is a mix of flaxseed (milled), chia seeds and oatbran, served with cinnamon and cream. It's the closest thing to porridge i could find. Over time I've adjust the ratio from starting with more oatbran in the mix to more flaxseed.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook