**whingey post alert**Feeling despondent.

Stephyr7783

Hi everyone.

Hope everyone is well and coping as well as can be with the current lockdown situation.

Jut a bit of a whinge from me today, got my Hba1c results back after starting a basal/bolus regime back at the very end of October following a case of DKA caused by ( what they advised) was the oral medication I was taking and trying to eat a lower carb than usual diet.

anyways...My last Hba1c was taken a couple of weeks before the DKA and was 77, I was expecting quite a decent improvement in today’s results but feeling a bit despondent as it’s currently still sitting at 68.

I know establishing diabetes control is a work in progress and it likes to trick us all now and again, but can’t help feeling a little frustrated that the large changes I’ve made to my life aren’t being reflected as much in the results.

Is some stability with this blummin condition too much to ask for?!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
social media but trying
Hi 77 to 68 is a big change. You don't want it to come down too fast or you can feel very ill. Remember this is an average test over 3 months so your value is probably now less than this. Keep up the good work