1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Who gets eczema on their fingers/hands?

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by DiabeticRuby10, Oct 4, 2017.

1. DiabeticRuby10

DiabeticRuby10 Type 1 · Member

Hey guys!
    I was just wondering if anyone else with Type 1 Diabetes gets eczema on their hands or fingers due to washing their hands often because blood glucose testing? I do and was wondering if anyone else goes through this.

Also I'm looking for someone around 7-12 years old to talk to!!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. dogslife

dogslife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My GP prescribed a cream that could be used as a substitute for soap/ shower gel and as a lubricant. Sorry I can't remember the name but you could ask at your GP practice or maybe the local pharmacist could recommend something similar?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. knipster

knipster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I had eczema on my hands before I was type one but what I did was slathered my hands with a prescribed very simple moisturiser and wore cotton gloves from the pharmacy on top and slept with them on, and I think it really helps x

5. Gabrielle_Tai

Gabrielle_Tai Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi, i do not have them on my hand (yet) but since i just diagnosis like 2 months ago i will make sure to monitor for it,

6. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I only wash my hands before testing when I have touched sugary things. Normally I just wipe away the first drop of blood and use the second. I retest if the outcome is much different from my expectations. This is exactly how my DN told me to do, and it works perfect for me. I hope your hands will get better!

7. Ruby26913

Ruby26913 Type 1 · Member

Thank you for all your support I’m on a different account though because I lost my old one! Thank you!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook