Who needs a meter?

C

catherinecherub

I have a brand new Accu Chek Aviva Nano. This comes with a few strips and I would be happy to send it to a Type 2 who is in desperate need. Have looked at the cost of strips and they are around £20. on Amazon, may be cheaper on e-bay.
P.M. me if you need one. I would rather give it to someone who hasn't got one as opposed to a spare for someone.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
As a Nano user and fan, I can thoroughly recommend this meter. It is small with an illuminated display and if your computer has an infra red port, the Nano can 'talk' to it via its own infra red port without the need for any connection cables :thumbsup:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I agree with Hobs that it is a excellent meter and well worthy of taking up the offer.

Nigel

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd also recommend it, it's by far the best of the three I have tried.

Dislikes
Modern so called singers like Cheryl Cole and rubbish boy bands
Really show my age!
i have excellent Abbot Freestyle Lite and strips are £14.84 direct from abbot with lots of backup

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
I have 4 meters, so I can constantly trawl Ebay looking for strips, I usually manage to get 50 strips for a tenner, last purchase was 100 Contour strips for just under £20 including postage.

Meters are very cheap and the more you have, the greater chance you have of buying cheap strips.

My only concern is that clearly many of my purchases are from people who get them free on prescription, then sell them on Ebay. :(

All the best - Steve

kentishman

re.strips.My suirgery stopped my strips so I went to the doctor and told her that if I could not check my sugar level I would have to eat more to prevent a hypo. She would not put them on a repeat prescription but said I could have them on demand ad write them in on the prescription.It's worth a try.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to be thick but does the doctor mean for you to write on your prescription and if so would the pharmacy not question this?
carol