Why Cutting Carbs From Your Diet Is A Bad Move

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
How can so called experts get the analysis and advice so wrong, so often?

I've been on an LCHF diet for 3 months and found it very sustainable and my energy levels have been incomparable compared to my pre LCHF diet.

Additionally I know there are members of this community who have sustained an LCHF diet for 20 or 30 years.

Why Cutting Carbs From Your Diet Is A Bad Move https://apple.news/AV_X9zLTMTgqhRFIjeSCPew

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't read it but I'm sure it's nonsense. I am one of those who has EASILY sustained low carb for 25 years. I wasn't diabetic until about 6 years ago. Every time I tried 'eating healthy' and adding grains, starches and fruit I felt awful.

Reactions: 7 people

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.

I've been on an LCHF diet for 3 months and found it very sustainable and my energy levels have been incomparable compared to my pre LCHF diet.

Additionally I know there are members of this community who have sustained an LCHF diet for 20 or 30 years.

Why Cutting Carbs From Your Diet Is A Bad Move - The Cusp https://apple.news/AV_X9zLTMTgqhRFIjeSCPew

If I were you Kevin, I'd stop going to that 'Apple News' website, it's clearly bad for you health, making you apoplectic each time, as it's printing whatever cr*p comes along in press releases with no discrimination filters. In this case, it's an article by a personal trainer, that's no kind of 'expert' on diabetes or diet, and he's also a Neuro-Linguistic Programming coach, which is definitely a bunch of made-up nonsense, designed to extract your cash and not much else.

Reactions: Prem51

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If I were you Kevin, I'd stop going to that 'Apple News' website, it's clearly bad for you health, making you apoplectic each time, as it's printing whatever cr*p comes along in press releases with no discrimination filters. In this case, it's an article by a personal trainer, that's no kind of 'expert' on diabetes or diet, and he's also a Neuro-Linguistic Programming coach, which is definitely a bunch of made-up nonsense, designed to extract your cash and not much else.

Defo pushes my BP through the roof...haha:)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think anyone has told him about Ketones

Anyway I believed all of it and have just scoffed a family box of Krispy Creme Doughnuts

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 9 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought Kevin was a sensible man, but surely nobody in their right ketogenic minds can continue reading all the complete hogswash and balderdash so many expert ignoramuses like to spout on topics that they so obviously prove they know so little about??

Maybe I should call him a masochist if I can spell it right. :D

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought Kevin was a sensible man, but surely nobody in their right ketogenic minds can continue reading all the complete hogswash and balderdash so many expert ignoramuses like to spout on topics that they so obviously prove they know so little about??

Maybe I should call him a masochist if I can spell it right. :D

Robbity
Or he is open minded and researches articles he comes across, but then gets wound up by the idiots and needs to share the angst?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........

Why Cutting Carbs From Your Diet Is A Bad Move - The Cusp https://apple.news/AV_X9zLTMTgqhRFIjeSCPew

@KevinPotts clearly you are an advocate of LCHF to control your T2D- why would you post a topic that essentially rubbishes( mockingly ) everything you do successfully to garner support from an already converted audience for a LCHF lifestyle.
you potentially send newly diagnosed people , looking for direction, in the wrong direction with this topic

you might want to think about posting in a measured manor considering your numerous posts so far -- quality is not all about quantity !

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@KevinPotts clearly you are an advocate of LCHF to control your T2D- why would you post a topic that essentially rubbishes( mockingly ) everything you do successfully to garner support from an already converted audience for a LCHF lifestyle.
you potentially send newly diagnosed people , looking for direction, in the wrong direction with this topic

you might want to think about posting in a measured manor considering your numerous posts so far -- quality is not all about quantity !

My thought process was roughly:

1. Read the article

2. Thought it was interesting but significantly flawed

3. Love this large vibrant community, full of experience, opinion, intelligence

4. Simply thought with over 200,000 members I think this will be interesting

I inserted my little caveat at the header of my post, and my intention was to get people thinking and grappling with a wider expression of viewpoints :)

I hope that seems sensible

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My thought process was roughly:

1. Read the article

2. Thought it was interesting but significantly flawed

3. Love this large vibrant community, full of experience, opinion, intelligence

4. Simply thought with over 200,000 members I think this will be interesting

I inserted my little caveat at the header of my post, and my intention was to get people thinking and grappling with a wider expression of viewpoints :)

I hope that seems sensible

1 - I did
2- why post a significantly flawed article
3- does not support anyone with this way of thinking
4- flawed thinking causes flawed responses
5- you have posted over 2000 responses and have adopted a LCHF diet to combat your T2 -- well done for that and how your body has responded - why shove doubt into the equation for newly diagnosed peeps that don't know which way to turn and this may be the first topic they read-- irresponsible topic in my opinion

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
1 - I did
5- you have posted over 2000 responses and have adopted a LCHF diet to combat your T2 -- well done for that and how your body has responded - why shove doubt into the equation for newly diagnosed peeps that don't know which way to turn and this may be the first topic they read-- irresponsible topic in my opinion

You can't censor posts simply to assume everyone is newly diagnosed.
There are a lot of old hands on here, and it's not in the newly diagnosed part of the forum, so the rest of us can have a discussion having found our feet.
The forum catered to all, if it doesn't, you'll find everyone will be quickly moving on.

Reactions: 4 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
You can't censor posts simply to assume everyone is newly diagnosed.
There are a lot of old hands on here, and it's not in the newly diagnosed part of the forum, so the rest of us can have a discussion having found our feet.
The forum catered to all, if it doesn't, you'll find everyone will be quickly moving on.
I have not censored anyone - nobody has been suppressed -I have merely pointed out that as a support forum , posting in the LC sub forum is a starting point for many newly diagnosed peeps and the topics should be about supporting LCHF -- not opening a flawed debate about the very topic -- all the responses prior to mine indicated agreement that the article in question was flawed -- so why post it ?

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have not censored anyone - nobody has been suppressed -I have merely pointed out that as a support forum , posting in the LC sub forum is a starting point for many newly diagnosed peeps and the topics should be about supporting LCHF -- not opening a flawed debate about the very topic -- all the responses prior to mine indicated agreement that the article in question was flawed -- so why post it ?

Because the op thought it was worth posting.
It's a forum for many views, we may not agree with them all, but who are we to decide whether it should be posted or not?
Trying to remove anyone's right to post freely is censorship, which I'm sure you wouldn't want to see creeping in here.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
1 - I did

Thanks for your thoughtful response, it will prompt me to think carefully...I appreciate it:)

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Posting something that goes against what the forum guidelines advocate is possibly misleading to newly diagnosed members. It should clearly be stated that the person posting it finds it counter productive. There are members here who oppose forum guidelines and go out of their way to say so. I find it misleading and I wonder why anyone not in agreement with the forum guidelines are members? It isn't enough to state it is freedom of speech. I didn't find Kevin's post to be misleading but I can see where the moderator is coming from but are ALL of the moderators thinking the same way?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The intro to my post stated -

"How can so called experts get the analysis and advice so wrong, so often?"

To my mind, I was therefore just presenting something I found interesting and thought others might also, even though I did not agree.

With the post not positioned in Newly Diagnosed, I just cannot see on reflection how it could be construed as a problem.

Not in newly diag and a clear caveat...

Thanks for all your contributions:)

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The headline posting gave the wrong impression and only after clicking on the message did it become obvious what the post was all about.