Why do some fat people not get diabetes

Worrierfrog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had blood work done a year ago. Test results were all good but a1c was 7.0. No one called. I saw results. Now it's 6.5. Not bad but considering I eat very little probably not great. I have little faith in drs. I saw my late husbands CLL and BMT grossly mismanaged. I've watched my son's avulsion likewise. So I've decided to manage my own. Thanks to everyone for comments and support.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Perhaps. But I thought that lchf with exercise was as effective. I've read that on here. Plus I'd have to go to a dr. And be subjected to his or her advice. Diet etc. I'd not agree likely.
Everyone s different. I need more than exercise and lchf for good controlled bgs. I've had type 2 for 40yrs. Diagnosed for 14yrs. 2 children later I'm 10stones over weight. No weight loss for me on lchf but retweeking to try and get the best out of it. I'm hoping my 2nd attempt in the new year is more succesful.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A 'friend' of mine recently had a stroke. he is 62 years old, doesnt drink, smoke, is slim etc etc. His wife turned to me and said it wasnt fair, I should have had the stroke, not him..............

"because i am fat"....................and he agreed with her.

I dont drink, smoke etc, but, because I am fat, I , according to them, deserved to have a stroke, not him as he is slim, so has done nothing to deserve it.

I didnt know whether to cry or deck her!!! I did nothing, but turned away. But it hurt.
Unfortunately some people do not think before they speak and need somebody to blame! I have four brothers and sisters and, when my cousin sadly died when she was only 17, my aunt told my mother that it should have been one of us because she was only left with one now and my mother wouldn't 'miss one of hers'. Needless to say their relationship, already strained, was never particularly good after that.

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
Some people don't know that even thin people die.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Everyone s different. I need more than exercise and lchf for good controlled bgs. I've had type 2 for 40yrs. Diagnosed for 14yrs. 2 children later I'm 10stones over weight. No weight loss for me on lchf but retweeking to try and get the best out of it. I'm hoping my 2nd attempt in the new year is more succesful.

hey dear ... have you tried just 1 month on 1000 calories..a day ... and low carb... maybe you will feel much better after that... I did that (and still do most days ) in the first 2 weeks I did chew a lot of sugarfree gums to keep me on track (I know there is some load of sugar in them too) like 3 packets of Stimorol a day..