Why does lantus sting

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
i have been on this as well as the sting i got a red dot at the injection site and after 30 mins or so i could scratch my skin of. sent back to hospital to see the doctor there and was told that i must change my insulin iam going on thursday to clinic to do so. (hope this works)

squeeze321

Dislikes
Hypos
I used to inject Lantus and goodness me it does sting, urghhhhhh I could never work out why!!
I would end up with small centimetre round bumps on the injection site with Lantus too even though I was and am very careful with my sites and would leave one inch gap between one injection and another in my thigh.

My thighs would obviously not be lumpy, but the skin would have these little bumps where Lantus had been. I used to massage them just in case insulin had become trapped.

carandol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I inject 42 units of Lantus into my stomach and it very rarely stings. Maybe once in seven or eight times. I was told not to keep it in the fridge once it was in the pen, it will keep 28 days at room temperature.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

MattyK

I used to get a sting from Lantus too, I was told that I was allergic to it and had to change. Can't remember what I changed to now as I'm on a pump now.
I got the same with Novorapid too, don't know why?!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App