why is the so difficult?!

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't tested regularly for a while as when I was testing my levels were mainly in the 5's. I have been eating OK - not very LC but low enough for me. This morning for breakfast I had 2 fried eggs, 3 slices of ham and a mug of tea with a tiny bit of milk. This was at 7am. At 11.15 I wanted to eat something different for my snack before work instead of the usual berries and cream. I tested and my bg was 7.1. I know this is a one off but am wondering if it because I hadn't eaten for so long or if my levels are going up. I will have to test more regularly...just when I think I have it sussed:( I had 2 slices of ham, cheese and cucumber with tea and will see what my bg is in 2 hours time.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
"slices of ham" is that processed ham?:yuck:
You seem to have good control and I think your correct in what you say. Maybe a little more regular test is needed.
best of luck:)

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It could just be a blip or your meter not behaving, or maybe a liver dump because you hadn't eaten for a while, or anything really! I agree that perhaps you should start testing again, just to keep an eye on things.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
izzi I am not keen on the ham either but it is the only ham eldest son will eat and that is what we had in this morning.

bluetit I didn't think to retest!

2 hours after my snack my bg was 5.6 so that is better. That was after a stressful time at work. I am a dinner lady, not a mega taxing job so why do other members of staff have to be so nasty?:(

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
izzi I am not keen on the ham either but it is the only ham eldest son will eat and that is what we had in this morning.

bluetit I didn't think to retest!

2 hours after my snack my bg was 5.6 so that is better. That was after a stressful time at work. I am a dinner lady, not a mega taxing job so why do other members of staff have to be so nasty?:(

Aqua - For some people they feel being nasty somehow makes them important. I've never quite got that one.

Sounds like you need to maybe do a bit more testing, just to check where you are with things. It might only take a few days to reassure yourself. The thing about an almost random test is that there are so many potentially random factors impacting it.

Perhaps once you have your reassurance again, testing for a couple of days a month might not be such a bad idea?

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A dinner lady, best days in my life when I was at school nearly 60 years ago my dinner lady's were so good to me.
Those mega sods can't help being nasty, because their heads are full of their own bullsh*t:pompous:.
Bullying and harassment in the work place can be so stressful and being nasty comes under that heading (sorry those people do wind me up )
@aqualung, try and and not let the stress get to you to much, your way above their level, but not your BG level we hope.:):)