Why just coke??

tuatara

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whenever I go to the pub, MacDonalds, BK,, or any restauurant and ask for a diet drink, the only drink available is diet coke or pepsi. I HATE coke and pepsi. Where is the diet sprite, fanta, lemonade?. Come on corporates, start providing a decent range of diet drinks not just for diabetics but for everyone. Not everyone drinks coke.

Reactions: 4 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good point !
Also, I've always been dubious of those trigger pump dispensers, I prefer a bottle because then I know someone hasn't connected up Coke thinking it won't matter, if they've run out of Diet Coke syrup or whatever it is.

I admit that I'm getting boring now, only drink Evian, Badoit or Taittinger. Partly, it's because there's a lack of decent soft drinks that don't taste like they have a tonne of sweeteners in them. I like subtlety.

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do they not have the freestyle machines where you live? If you're not sure what they are, Google "coca-cola freestyle machine"

I'd guess 10-15% of the fast food places here in the U.S. have them.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Whenever I go to the pub, MacDonalds, BK,, or any restauurant and ask for a diet drink, the only drink available is diet coke or pepsi. I HATE coke and pepsi. Where is the diet sprite, fanta, lemonade?. Come on corporates, start providing a decent range of diet drinks not just for diabetics but for everyone. Not everyone drinks coke.
I agree, I prefer Sprite Zero, but if I can't get it, I just drink water. I prefer not to have caffeine after about 1pm, to avoid insomnia.

tuatara

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do they not have the freestyle machines where you live? If you're not sure what they are, Google "coca-cola freestyle machine"

I'd guess 10-15% of the fast food places here in the U.S. have them.
No, not here in N Z. Can you get a good range of diet drinks from them? Even the self service dispensers only have diet coke.

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No, not here in N Z. Can you get a good range of diet drinks from them? Even the self service dispensers only have diet coke.
yep, they're pretty awesome. usually at least 8-10 different diet options, plus you can add extra flavore if you want (although that adds 5 calories).

The only bad part is all the old timers taking forever to figure out how to use the machines, lol.