Why oh why did I ever stop low carbing??

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Back in the low carbing game since Monday morning after 18 months or so of gaining weight and slowly becoming more addicted to carbs/sugar again...

I tend not to dwell on mistakes but got a bit cocky after weight loss and feeling good, started eating more carbs and sugar, tried shakes and other low calorie diets to pull it all back but it failed...

Realised last weekend the only way I’ll EVER control my hunger will be through LCHF. Emphasis on ‘I’ here; I know it’s horses for courses!

Anyway, last Hb in Aug 2018 was 59. That will be higher now. I’m overdue a new test but am trying to delay for a bit...

Have lost 5 lbs since Monday (a lot from carb bloat!) but the main thing is I feel better and have been more productive both at home and at work. Oh, and NO hunger.

I’d love to try fasting again but will take baby steps towards that. Currently I’m on a lump of cheese for bfast, meat, olives, cheese and a little bit of red pepper for lunch and chicken wings (not the sticky kind) or salmon or a 1/4 lb burger and a bit of veg for tea. Some mayo also as it’s my favourite ‘food’

Anyway. Nice to be back. Really enjoying reading the posts

Mona

Reactions: Brunneria

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@welovedzig

Well. I suppose if I was still pressing the sugary self destruct button, I would be sticking my head in the sand, however I’m back in control so am just giving myself a wee bit more time...
I’ll get it done soonish! Just so cross with myself!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done for realising the error of your ways and getting back on the wagon. After less than a week you’re feeling the benefits and are back in charge. Keep it up!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After being told that my 'annual health check' would be this April - as I 'always have one around my birthday' - which is news to be, I can tell you - I am 'cooking the books' for the next 4 weeks, and hoping to have lost some weight, and maybe dropping the Hba1c a bit, though I am not all that concerned about that.
So much emphasis has always been put on my weight, even when I had a 24 inch waist in my early 20s - because I was muscular I was considered overweight, after all Twiggy was the ideal back then.
As long as it is not a long delay, or a crash diet I don't think there is much harm in preparing for a blood test - just be sensible about it.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
After being told that my 'annual health check' would be this April - as I 'always have one around my birthday' - which is news to be, I can tell you - I am 'cooking the books' for the next 4 weeks, and hoping to have lost some weight, and maybe dropping the Hba1c a bit, though I am not all that concerned about that.
So much emphasis has always been put on my weight, even when I had a 24 inch waist in my early 20s - because I was muscular I was considered overweight, after all Twiggy was the ideal back then.
As long as it is not a long delay, or a crash diet I don't think there is much harm in preparing for a blood test - just be sensible about it.

Thank you.

I’ve learned the hard way that crash diets don’t work for me. Could not function on them whatsoever.

Reactions: jjraak

malcs90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back in the low carbing game since Monday morning after 18 months or so of gaining weight and slowly becoming more addicted to carbs/sugar again...

I tend not to dwell on mistakes but got a bit cocky after weight loss and feeling good, started eating more carbs and sugar, tried shakes and other low calorie diets to pull it all back but it failed...

Realised last weekend the only way I’ll EVER control my hunger will be through LCHF. Emphasis on ‘I’ here; I know it’s horses for courses!

Anyway, last Hb in Aug 2018 was 59. That will be higher now. I’m overdue a new test but am trying to delay for a bit...

Have lost 5 lbs since Monday (a lot from carb bloat!) but the main thing is I feel better and have been more productive both at home and at work. Oh, and NO hunger.

I’d love to try fasting again but will take baby steps towards that. Currently I’m on a lump of cheese for bfast, meat, olives, cheese and a little bit of red pepper for lunch and chicken wings (not the sticky kind) or salmon or a 1/4 lb burger and a bit of veg for tea. Some mayo also as it’s my favourite ‘food’

Mona
Had a couple of coach holidays where I have lapsed and put on weight but always managed to get back on track in between. Can see how easy it would be to slip but have more or less managed to stay on track.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Had a couple of coach holidays where I have lapsed and put on weight but always managed to get back on track in between. Can see how easy it would be to slip but have more or less managed to stay on track.

That’s good!

To be fair I don’t know exactly what happened, just that carbs/sugar are extremely addictive for me. It was always ‘I’ll start tomorrow.’ Stress at work certainly doesn’t help either. ‘I deserve that delicious cake from the canteen dammit’. Etc. Etc.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Mona

Welcome home and back on the low carb magic!

Reactions: marathonmona