Why Oh Why

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back to the dog warden If you ring the enviromentlal dept at your local council and explain the problem and ask if there is a dog warden in your area they may be able to send one to the particular bad area to keep an eye on things
CAROL

LittleWolf

hornplayer said:
Can't say I've ever seen a dog warden.

We had a pair of Rotties years ago. They were the softest, daftest, most affectionate dogs you could come across. Daisy used to hurtle towards total strangers who visited my Dads yard, flip onto her back mid air and skid to a halt with her paws in the air waiting to have her tummy tickled. - Or she'd sit on your feet and head butt you til you smoothed her. Casper was massive. He used to put his paws on my shoulders and look down at me and I'm 5ft 8! But if you raised your voice to him, he'd put his paws over his head and cry! Yes, they could look scary. - the new BT man took one look and cleared a five bar gate! But when you've seen a dog as big as a pony sitting in a swivelling office chair so he can look out the window, crying coz he can't figure out how to get down, then getting back up again five minutes later and crying again when he gets stuck again - again and again and again! It's kind of hard to see them as anything other than daft as a brush!

I've seen people out with scary dogs. It's the owners who make the dogs scary. If someone turns a dog into a snarling fashion accessory, I shouldn't imagine they're going to care enough to pick up after them. It makes me really sad.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

It's definitely the owners. They often don't even understand their dogs. Ever Rott I ever met, even owned by some wannabe gangster in a hoodie was as soft as it gets. Like this guard dog would cry pathetically when I stopped petting it to go inside. I met a Rott in the park and it began barking and leaping up, then bowing on its front legs. It obviously wanted to play and I told the owner but she totally freaked making it even more excited and just couldn't control or read the body language of her own dog.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I own two dogs, and would never dream of being anywhere without at least 6 bags.. lol. Mine like to always offer up that last "surprise" just when you think they can't do anymore.

A few years ago we had a problem with a serial-pooer who was leaving letting his dog leave presents on the pavements and on the driveways in our street. After various altercations with the man, and reports to the dog warden, I got fed up and bagged his dog's poo up, stuck a label on the bag with "Return to sender" written on it, and posted it through his letter box into his front porch on a nice hot day. He has never left another present since!