Type 1 Why the big difference with these results?

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Screenshot_20220102-130949.jpg

Then because of my hypo awareness each time I go below my target of 6-10mmol I have to top up with some fast acting carbs such as dextro. So after the scan I did a finger prick to confirm and...
Screenshot_20220102-130914_mySugr.jpg
I got 10.8!!! Then I washed my hands and got the 5.7 then the 5.6

Edit
And while I've been typing away I didn't have any dextro to top me up so just did another finger prick and found out I don't need the dextro because I'm now 6.3

Last edited:

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Which bit are you querying -the difference between 10.8 and 5.7/5.6? Given you said you washed your hands there may well have been some residue on your fingers that affected it and washing your hands cleared that off.

If you mean between the 5.6 and 6.3 , well meters are supposed to be within 15% accuracy to be considered accurate, and those two numbers are close enough, also blood sugars probably do shuffle slightly anyways, they wont just stay in a completely flat line

finzi1966

Well the 10.8 was clearly wrong, you had something on your fingers, and the other three seem almost perfectly aligned to me (5.9, 5.7, 5.6).

Danmiluk

What are you eating before 00.00 which I presume is bedtime, by the looks of it it's either a sugar snack or carbs. The majority of people's blood sugars drop when sleeping the you get a dump of glucose when awakening which is known as dawn phenomenon.