Wii Fit and shoes

martinbuchan

I hav some Amazon vouchers and my family are keen to get the Wii Fit. I quite fancy it as well (especialy the balance and yoga aspects).

I have to wear shoes but all the adverts show barefooted users.

Anybody got it yet?

Tormod

Martin - it's great - my lad has been using it without issue with his trainers on - although I never read why it tells you to go bare feet or socks only!! - the great manly way of switching things on - chuck the instructions!!

I also have a go - when everyone else is in bed!!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I think the reason you go barefoot is that it measures your BMI.If it is like my scales it sends a small inpulse up through your body to do the measurement and it can't do this through shoes.If you are just exercising you can wear shoes.

samliver

Heloooooooooooooo
I got a WIiiiiii bout 3 weeks ago and its great! Especially for workin up a sweat, better than going to the gym sometimes! Game i recommend is Sonic and mario olympic games, really tires you out!! :mrgreen:

Tormod

Sue - if it's because of BMI - then it's simply a weighing issue

You tell it your height when you set yourself up and so weight and height give BMI. The only pulse up through my body was my imagination! :shock:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Well I'm just going by my scales.When i first got them I tried them out with socks on and they kept coming up with an error message.I phoned the manufacturer and the lady on the other end asked if I was using them barefoot as they wouldn't work with socks and that was the reason.However these are scales not a wii so could be different.

millie

I have a wii but i don't have a wii fitness board i really want one but every shop i go in they say they have sold out. but my mom says she will buy me one because of what i have bin through. :D