will a cold virus affect my hba1c test ?

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine is being done this wednesday , but i have a cold starting , is this going to give a higher reading ?

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
No. The HbA1c is an average of the last three months glycation levels. It is heavily weighted from your previous 4-6 weeks of test. Get well soon.

Reactions: Tophat1900

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No. The HbA1c is an average of the last three months glycation levels. It is heavily weighted from your previous 4-6 weeks of test. Get well soon.
Thank you very much , fingers crossed the numbers have dropped was 105 November so really hoping for a drop been doing LCHF and stuck to it :)

Reactions: briped

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thank you very much , fingers crossed the numbers have dropped was 105 November so really hoping for a drop been doing LCHF and stuck to it :)
I'm sure your optimism is with good reason. Let's know how it went, won't you? :)

Reactions: Charis1213

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine is being done this wednesday , but i have a cold starting , is this going to give a higher reading ?
Like others said, it won't skew the results, and I'm sure you'll see an improvement. :)

Get well soon! Said one sore throat to the other. ;) *hatchoo!*

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

I'm gonna bet it will be a case of punching the air in triumph and grinning like a Cheshire cat for a fortnight!

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm gonna bet it will be a case of punching the air in triumph and grinning like a Cheshire cat for a fortnight!
Ha ha love that I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat right now , I've just come from the dentist and the gums are healing still need improvement , but the dentist was impressed and with the LCHF diet too and could see my weight loss . She said high sugar can cause gum disease so getting the sugar right down is going to improve my gums.

So just made a flask of coffee with double cream and going for a walk in the woods with hubby on our day off . First we will go to see my mum and make sure she is okay but the sun is shining and its a good start to the week :)