Will our blood sugar balance after Brexit

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I know health wise Brexit has had a very negative impact on my blood sugar and I have been very depressed.
I have started this thread here because I was jumped on for having my view on my feelings on Brexit .
I was told to leave my politics elsewhere , but you know I never started the thread about Brexit i just posted my view and how it had affected me.
It would be a shame if anyone felt they had to bottle up their emotions and did themselves some harm , just because some consider Brexit off limits .

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If you feel the need for a rant about whatever is doing your head in, then there is always the blog forum.
Also the scream thread!

The main forum is for diabetes threads.

I have posted about brexit since it all started five years ago!
It was an extremely bad idea back then!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't see how it will stabilise immediately after Brexit as there will be so many issues to sort out so the uncertainty and fear of job losses and medicine shortages will still be there.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Logically, one could also ask, will my BG stabilise after Christmas, a "decree absolute," or possibly the next Star Wars movie..?

I mentioned in the other thread. Please seek professional help with your issue.
I did read your reply regarding your "GP" @WackyJacky64 which is shocking, regardless of political leaning.

Find a referral for professional counselling.

Best wishes.

Reactions: WackyJacky64

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
If you feel the need for a rant about whatever is doing your head in, then there is always the blog forum.
Also the scream thread!

The main forum is for diabetes threads.

I have posted about brexit since it all started five years ago!
It was an extremely bad idea back then!

I agree but if an event causes anxiety and depression which affects blood sugars then surely it is to do with diabetes. Also my doctor offered no advice other than I voted wrong and got on to me , actually she broke the rules because she shouldn't judge me .

The main reason for this thread is to discuss the impact of stress and anxiety caused by life events.
In my case Brexit or lack of has caused me to become frustrated depressed and angry. I'm not ashamed to say I feel this way because I am pretty sure others who voted to leave feel the same.

Reactions: richyb

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree but if an event causes anxiety and depression which affects blood sugars then surely it is to do with diabetes. Also my doctor offered no advice other than I voted wrong and got on to me , actually she broke the rules because she shouldn't judge me .

The main reason for this thread is to discuss the impact of stress and anxiety caused by life events.
In my case Brexit or lack of has caused me to become frustrated depressed and angry. I'm not ashamed to say I feel this way because I am pretty sure others who voted to leave feel the same.

Hey,i voted the "other way.."
I'm friends & get chatting with a T2 brexiteer fellow dog walker. & guess what? We both feel disenfranchised.In our own way..

But, we seek solace in a chat. chew the fat.. I listen to his "take" i air mine.. we both feel equally screwed over, regardless if we meet halfway on the "finer points" or not. ;):) We're both too demoralized to disrespect each other's views any more.

Let alone.bring it to a health forum.. :banghead:;):)

Reactions: zand
D

Deleted member 308541

Deleted the text and quote as it does not make any sense after a moderator deleted the pix of Pooh and Piglet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just like Pooh and Piglet then...
Just two guys reminiscing about politics from the 1980s & cars from that era..Now we can connect..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zand

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I can understand the anger, the anxiety of the outcome.
Unfortunately, stress is a part of day to day life, because of how the anxiety will have your brain telling you to second guess yourself and the decisions you make. Being rueful is again part of anxiety, and I know you can't help wether you are right or not!

One thing that I have learned from being so close to sport, is you can look back, but that's history and you can't change it! What you do is look forward and get it right or change your choices then! Thinking about the past will interfere with your present options, so you decide on the present circumstances.

If you're not aware, brexit will not be over for years yet!
The brexit deadline day, (now in January) is just the start!
There are so many things to be sorted afterwards, some political analysts believe it will still be another ten years at least until we have a full 'brexit'!

The decision to leave, should have been decisive, the trigger for article fifty, could have been decided not long after the vote itself!
The dawdling May government was caught up trying to please both remainers and hard right brexiteers!
Before the election in 2017, we should have been well out!
It was a democratic vote!

But now, because of parliament failing everyone and the really bad deal from May and Johnson, we are stuck in limbo, I don't believe that the forthcoming election will help in any way, we will have a hung parliament, no overall majority, and a minority government, which won't get anywhere!
The country has all major parties arguing between themselves about brexit, and the division in parliamentary seats between the yes and no will let other parties such as lib dems or the brexit parties pick up seats.
So as with the way we decide elections, first past the post, that will cause a hung parliament. That system only works with two parties fighting.
The northern Irish parties will be crucial in supporting the minority government, as will independent, plaid cymru, Scottish nationals.

It will be very interesting.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hey,i voted the "other way.."
I'm friends & get chatting with a T2 brexiteer fellow dog walker. & guess what? We both feel disenfranchised.In our own way..

But, we seek solace in a chat. chew the fat.. I listen to his "take" i air mine.. we both feel equally screwed over, regardless if we meet halfway on the "finer points" or not. ;):) We're both too demoralized to disrespect each other's views any more.

Let alone.bring it to a health forum.. :banghead:;):)

Well that's great that you have a chat room to go and chat on about it , but I do not and to be honest I have seen threads on here about Brexit such as 'Are we all going to die after we leave the EU?' This person was allowed to vent their fears so what is the difference with mine ?

If something affects my health and causes depression and I can't post on here then perhaps there should be a seperate area for it, I think if stress caused by Brexit or by other life changing things causes depression anxiety fear stress then it should be approached and people should get support just like when they post here for the first time when newly diagnosed .

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I can understand the anger, the anxiety of the outcome.
Unfortunately, stress is a part of day to day life, because of how the anxiety will have your brain telling you to second guess yourself and the decisions you make. Being rueful is again part of anxiety, and I know you can't help wether you are right or not!

One thing that I have learned from being so close to sport, is you can look back, but that's history and you can't change it! What you do is look forward and get it right or change your choices then! Thinking about the past will interfere with your present options, so you decide on the present circumstances.

If you're not aware, brexit will not be over for years yet!
The brexit deadline day, (now in January) is just the start!
There are so many things to be sorted afterwards, some political analysts believe it will still be another ten years at least until we have a full 'brexit'!

The decision to leave, should have been decisive, the trigger for article fifty, could have been decided not long after the vote itself!
The dawdling May government was caught up trying to please both remainers and hard right brexiteers!
Before the election in 2017, we should have been well out!
It was a democratic vote!

But now, because of parliament failing everyone and the really bad deal from May and Johnson, we are stuck in limbo, I don't believe that the forthcoming election will help in any way, we will have a hung parliament, no overall majority, and a minority government, which won't get anywhere!
The country has all major parties arguing between themselves about brexit, and the division in parliamentary seats between the yes and no will let other parties such as lib dems or the brexit parties pick up seats.
So as with the way we decide elections, first past the post, that will cause a hung parliament. That system only works with two parties fighting.
The northern Irish parties will be crucial in supporting the minority government, as will independent, plaid cymru, Scottish nationals.

It will be very interesting.

Thank you , the blame is Cameron and May they blocked us leaving , one thing for sure it has divided the country and until it is resolved there is going to be bickering and even fighting which I've seen already between remain and leave voters . Until we get out of the eu there will be no peace because remain mp's are just making it worse and causing anger because by ignoring 17.4 million people is not democratic ,what makes it worse is that we were asked to make a decision , we gave them the decision and they didn't like it so they stall stall and stall again , it will not go away , we have to leave and sorry if this offends people who voted to remain but they need to accept the democratic result just like we do in all elections . But I fear if this election is fixed and we remain there will be no trust at all for any other elections because democracy is already dead now .

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well that's great that you have a chat room to go and chat on about it , but I do not and to be honest I have seen threads on here about Brexit such as 'Are we all going to die after we leave the EU?' This person was allowed to vent their fears so what is the difference with mine ?

If something affects my health and causes depression and I can't post on here then perhaps there should be a seperate area for it, I think if stress caused by Brexit or by other life changing things causes depression anxiety fear stress then it should be approached and people should get support just like when they post here for the first time when newly diagnosed .

Hi,

Not so much a room but a wide open rural space.. :)

I'm well awair of the topic you mentioned. The subject matter on that particular thread fundamentally concerning over the availability of medication currently procured/sourced by the NHS regarding our boarder control & trade agreements in the EU

There was a discussion on the prospective outcome & what the government had put in place to safeguard..

Again with new DX'd posters... The concern is over the bad news they hear regarding the condition. The support given in this instance are from proactive folk who have experince turning things in the right direction with positive outcomes.

So far, you have stated that your BG is elevated by stress. Perfectly understandable, I empathise.. The cause or catalyst for the anxiety, is the handling of Brexit by our elected politicians.

I feel you do need to seek professional counselling regarding your depression.

Is there anyone else at home you can also talk too?

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi,

Not so much a room but a wide open rural space.. :)

I'm well awair of the topic you mentioned. The subject matter on that particular thread fundamentally concerning over the availability of medication currently procured/sourced by the NHS regarding our boarder control & trade agreements in the EU

There was a discussion on the prospective outcome & what the government had put in place to safeguard..

Again with new DX'd posters... The concern is over the bad news they hear regarding the condition. The support given in this instance are from proactive folk who have experince turning things in the right direction with positive outcomes.

So far, you have stated that your BG is elevated by stress. Perfectly understandable, I empathise.. The cause or catalyst for the anxiety, is the handling of Brexit by our elected politicians.

I feel you do need to seek professional counselling regarding your depression.

Is there anyone else at home you can also talk too?

There isn't anyone they feel the same about the betrayal. Regardless of how anyone voted I know both remain and leave are stressed to high heaven and it isn't healthy. I feel that I have been accused of causing upset because I am stressed about Brexit , some people post about how they are stressed about holidays or family problems and it affects their blood sugars and causes depression , I don't think there is a difference whether it be stress from brexit family problems or whatever, a death in the family can cause the same reaction . I lost a close friend in June she died suddenly from cancer and it affected me really bad , the same reaction to stress .
Because of my GP lecturing me because of the way I voted I actually don't trust many people now. I feel Brexit has caused division and if the result had been honoured straight away we would have all moved on , its been done on purpose to cause us stress and to try and make us give in . If you win something you want the prize and we have been denied our prize , if remain had won they'd have received their prize and we'd have all moved on . It's just like you say the politicians that have caused division and depression amongst the nation .

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

I didn't say that politicians had caused division with the UK populace. (Though I would concur this hasn't been their "finest hour.")
I was however, summarising my understanding of your anxiety trigger.

Your GP should have referred you to proffessional counselling & assesment with your depression?
You are entitled to find a different GP if you feel uncomfortable with your current practitioner..