will the headache start with due to high glucose level ?

Chandradev819

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Yesterday morning i had missed my morning exercise due to some priory work. I had tested by blood glucose in morning and after coming from office. It was in range. After having dinner, i stared to get some headache. Once again i tested my blood. It was 255 mg/dl.

will the headache also come due to high glucose level ? have anyone face like this ?

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A headache is a symptom presented by having higher than ideal BG.

Did you manage to correct your 255mg/dL (14.2mmol/l) BG reading?

Reactions: himtoo

Chandradev819

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@GrantGam1337 , Thanks for reply. I was not knowing this. Previously i had only observed headache on low glucose level.
Yes, i was able to correct my glucose level. After having dinner i took my lantus insulin as usual and i did 1 hr exercise. Again today morning i tested my glucose level before going for jogging. It was in range.

Is there any good tips to control the glucose level spike ?

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@GrantGam1337 , Thanks for reply. I was not knowing this. Previously i had only observed headache on low glucose level.
Yes, i was able to correct my glucose level. After having dinner i took my lantus insulin as usual and i did 1 hr exercise. Again today morning i tested my glucose level before going for jogging. It was in range.

Is there any good tips to control the glucose level spike ?
There are a few ways to limit; and in some cases prevent; post-prandial glucose spikes.

Reduce carbohydrate intake - generally, the less carbohydrates you eat, the less of an impact you'll see in your BG levels after eating. This applies to spikes and overall control.

Combine fats with your carbs - fats tend to dampen the spike caused by carbohydrates. Examples of healthy fats which you can incorporate into your meals are olive oil, butter, nuts and avocado to name a few.

Pre-bolus - this method involves you taking your bolus injection earlier than normal. It allows the insulin to be "working" by the time you start to digest your food. Typically, the higher the glycemic load of your meal, the earlier you will need to bolus. For some meals this can mean injecting as as much as half an hour before eating, although the time depends very much on your requirements and no two people are ever the same.

I'd recommend you pick up a copy of "Think Like A Pancreas" as it offers a lot of valuable advice and information wrt all aspects of diabetes and managing it successfully.

I'd seek advice and approval from your Dr or DSN before undertaking any of the techniques which I have suggested. Especially with regards to the pre-bolus technique - as you are a lot more likely to have hypos when undertaking this approach if not done correctly.

Chandradev819

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @GrantGam1337 , Thanks for sharing your suggestion. You all points are valid. My Dr has also told same things. They also told me to take dinner in small portion to avoid the spike in glucose level. In whole day try to take 4 to 5 time food in small portion.

Now my insulin dose has been decrease from 70 unit to 3 unit with in 6 month. Thanks to this forum members like you. Who always try to help new members like me.