Wisdom Tooth Extraction

RPNKW

Just had one removed this morning, went ok despite dreading it, done under a hospital under a local but am short of test strips. How does this procedure affect blood glucose, some say it goes up, does it and for how long and do I need to do anything. Also will it heal slower.Diagnosed as type 1 but this is under review I think.

RPNKW

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Keep washing out mouth with warm salt water mouth wash every time you eat or drink something.This will shrink the cavity and help the healing process.It may go up because of the stress and trauma and will go up if infection gets in.

RPNKW

Dear Sue

Thank you for this. I have not tested today as I am fed up with testing. Cavity seems ok , a little blood but none at mouthwash. Walked 2 miles to the hospital and 2 miles back despite feeling a bit faint, had lunch and then walked to work but got tired and pained later but still haven't used pain relief. extraction took 5 minutes by an oral surgeon.Feel bettter now an infected tooth and a portal for pathogens has gone. Can I talk to someone privately about my diabetes as it is really doing my head in just now?

RPNKW

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
As you are type2 on insulin may I suggest that you PM Fergus the moderator and speak to him.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
ouch at the tooth out, what is it thats getting u down?