Withering away and concerned?

Lifeisnoteasy

I am posing this question on behalf of my mother

She is 64 and had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 7 years ago and had been taken metformin together with glitzicic. She had stopped taking metformin a year ago after suffering complications with it- uie, weight lost , crapped stomach etc.It was also brought to her attention on a check up (after she found she had plops(cestswhich turned out to be none cancerous in her rear and recieved scans which included clearing out her system )that the metformin was distroying her immune system

In the last few months she has found that her weight has declined and she is concerned that this maybe systems for something more serious ie cancer as small plops where found and little ones are still there?

Can anyone offer any advice

C

catherinecherub

Hi Lifeisnotsoeasy,
I think your poor mum needs to go back to the Doctors armed with a list of all the questions she needs to ask. Worrying about what she may or may not have is not ideal for her. Perhaps you could go with her as sometimes people forget the answers when they get home because they are so nervous.
Hope this helps,
Catherine.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya,
not wanting to scare you but polyps in the back end runs in my family and do need keeping a close eye on as a few members in my family have had bowel cancer, the oncologist did say polyps can change into cancers, the best thing for the polyps is to remove them to get rid of this risk so plz get mum back to the doctors :)